Facebook Messenger is an instant Message service and application built by Facebook. It was originally developed as Facebook Chat in 2008. This app (Facebook Messenger) makes it very simple to send and receive messages both in a close and far distance. There are so many benefits attached to this amazing app developed by Facebook. One of the fun activities you can carry out on the app is playing Facebook Games.
Over the years, New features have been released to the app. In addition to the initial messaging feature it was created for, there are more things you can do on the app. Let’s take for instance, it is now possible to join group chats using the Facebook Messenger app.
Operating Systems Supported by Facebook Messenger
Below is a list of some of the operating systems that the Messenger app is supported.
Android: It is a mobile operating system that is being developed by Google. And also, being based on a modified version of the Linux kernel. And other opened source software and designed primarily for touchscreen mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones.
IOS: It is a mobile operating system that is being created and developed by Apple Inc. exclusively for its hardware, it also an operating system that presents power for many company’s mobile devices including iPad, iPod touch, and iPhones.
Web: a web application or web app is known as a client-server computer program in which the client runs in a web browser.
Blackberry OS: BlackBerry OS is a proprietary mobile operating system that is also being developed by BlackBerry Limited.
Download Facebook Messenger
If you’ve reviewed your options and you wish to install the Facebook Messenger on your device, then follow the steps below correctly.
- Get the device you wish to install the Messenger app on and turn on the mobile data connection.
- Open any app store of your choice. However, it is preferably you open the one that came preinstalled with your device.
- Find and tap on the search bar of the app store.
- On the search bar of the app store, enter “Facebook Messenger” and hit the search button.
- From your search result, tap on the Messenger app and then on the “Install” button.
- Carefully, follow the onscreen prompts given to you and you should have successfully downloaded and installed the Facebook messenger app on your device.
You should know, the Facebook messenger is mostly being used to video chat, voice message, send photos, videos and many more.