TheFacebook Marketplace Rules Return Policy enables your mind to be at rest anytime you make a purchase through on-site checkout on Facebook or Instagram or through a commerce thread on Messenger which is presently only available in Thailand.
Facebook Marketplace Rules Return Policy: Purchase Protection
According to the rules return policy, before you can be qualified for purchase protection in Facebook Marketplace, you have to ensure the following:
- Purchase is eligible as a protected purchase.
- Make sure an on-site checkout on Facebook or Instagram for the completion of your payment for the purchase or purchase a product through a commerce thread on Messenger which is presently only available in Thailand. Purchases made through third-party sites, local pick-ups, or through third-party messaging services are not considered eligible.
- Reach the seller first to notify them that there’s a problem with the purchase. You can submit a claim through Facebook or Instagram if you can’t resolve the issue of eligible purchases directly with the seller.
Your claim will be reviewed to know if it qualifies for Purchase Protection, and issue a refund for the full purchase price of the item and delivery costs upon the approval of your claim.
Are Purchases Protected on Facebook Marketplace?
A lot of purchases that are made via the on-site checkout on Facebook or Instagram, or through a commerce thread on Messenger that is currently only available in Thailand, are covered by Facebook’s Purchase Protection Policies. Your purchases are protected in the following situations:
- Purchases through on-site checkout on Facebook or Instagram:
- When your items are not received.
- For sellers using onsite checkout, if the item had not been delivered to the buyer in two days (48 hours) after the estimated arrival date displayed on the order details page, the item is categorized as “not received” and is qualified for purchase protection.
- For individual sellers using onsite checkout, an item is categorized as “not received” if an item is not delivered to the buyer within 16 days after the order has been confirmed by the seller.
- Items that are damaged or very different from what was ordered.
- When sellers do not follow their stated Refund Policy.
- Unauthorized purchases.
- Purchases made through a commerce thread on Messenger which is only available in Thailand)
Which Purchases are not Protected
There are various items and situations which the Purchase Protection Policies of the Facebook marketplace do not cover. Some are stated below:
- Products or services which are prohibited by Facebook’s Commerce Policies
- Vehicles and properties
- Financial products or investments
- Precious metals and gemstones
- Orders that have already been refunded or charged back by the buyer’s bank
- Damage on items after delivery
- Antiques and collectibles
- Industrial machinery
- Perishable items
Why are Claims Denied?
There are different reasons why your claim could be denied, it can be due to one of the following:
- The item you get is the same as described by the seller.
- The claim was filed due to buyer’s remorse
- The item was successfully delivered and the seller verified that the product was delivered.
- No submission of sufficient evidence requested by Facebook to support your claim
More Helpful Posts
- Facebook dating Site is Free Now – Facebook Dating | Facebook Dating App
- Facebook Dating Services Free for Users – Facebook Dating Features | Facebook Dating App
- How to Get Facebook Marketplace on iPhone: Facebook Marketplace | Facebook Marketplace App
- Dating with Facebook Dating Services – Facebook Dating App | Facebook Dating