Facebook Insights is a powerful tool for those wanting to track user interaction on their Facebook business page. Facebook Insights can be seen by all the admins of your page, and it can provide a wealth of information about your content and audience.
By using Facebook Insights, you’ll be able to determine the best time of day to post, the best day of the week to post, and what type of content is most popular. It is important to note that the FB Insights tool is constantly updated to reflect your page’s developments and any patterns that may form. So you’ll need to keep checking back to keep in the loop.
With FB insights, you can inspire meaningful campaigns that drive real results. Facebook Audience Insights gives you aggregated information about two groups of people connected to your Page and people on Facebook so you can create content that resonates and easily find more people like the ones in your current audience.
If your business is using Facebook, you need to be using Facebook analytics. It’s packed full of insights and data that can help you get the most from the social network that reaches 1.62 billion users every day.
What to track using Facebook Insights
Facebook Page Insights can help you answer these important business questions below;
- Reach and engagement: How many people saw your posts? Who interacted with them? Which posts did people hide? Did people report any posts as spam?
- Actions: What actions do people take on your Page? How many people click your call-to-action button? How many people click through to your website?
- People: What are the demographics of the people who visit your Page? (You can dive deeper into this topic with Audience Insights.) When do people visit your Page? How do people find your Page?
- Views: How many people are viewing your Page? Which sections are they looking at?
- Posts: How are your posts performing over time?
Tips for Getting the Most Out Of Facebook Analytics
Here are some ways you could tweak your strategy based on what you learn:
- Rethink your target audience; Are the people who are actually visiting your Page the same people you thought would visit your page? Remember that you can get much more detail about your audience using another built-in Facebook Analytics tool, Audience Insights.
- Do what works and ditch what doesn’t; Look for trends in your content that performs well so you can create more posts like these. At the same time, watch for posts that trigger any negative engagement, like hiding posts or reporting as spam, to see if you can identify what went wrong (and avoid doing it again).
- Schedule your posts at the best times; Timing matters on Facebook. When you’re first getting started, it’s a good idea to time your posts based on data collected by experts. (Like Hootsuite! Check out our recommended best times to post on Facebook.)
- Optimize your Page for your preferred action; Think about what you really want people to do on your Page. Then use Page Insights to see which of the possible actions on your Page people engage with the most.
- Check back often; Checking in on Facebook Page Insights is not a one-time activity. Your Facebook analytics data is constantly updating, so you’ll want to pay attention to any patterns you see developing.
Every Facebook page owner’s first stop for Facebook analytics should be their page’s Insights. You can get more details about Facebook insights by simply clicking here.