Facebook Deactivate Account is simply the method of taking a break from the platform for as long as you want. Deactivating or taking a break from the platform is very easy and fast to do. Now, before you can deactivate your account, you need to make sure that you’re logged into the account.
If you’ve been spending quite a long amount of time on Facebook, then it advisable to give the platform a break for as long as you want. That way you can get to focus on other aspects and not just social media. Read on and find out how to deactivate your Facebook account.
Facebook Deactivate Account
Deactivating your Facebook account doesn’t mean you’re leaving the platform, but actually giving it a break and will be back whenever you want. Getting the account deactivated is actually as easy as deleting the account.
The platform has made it easy in a way that you can deactivate your account whenever you want. Most people confuse deactivate and delete to be the same thing, but in reality, they are different. Deactivating means you can reactivate it whenever you want while deleting means everything will be permanently lost and that means you can’t recover back.
What happens when I Deactivate my Account?
Deactivating your account means;
- You can reactivate whenever you want.
- Users won’t be able to search or see your timeline.
- Most of your information may actually remain visible to others.
- You will not be able to use your Facebook account to access other information.
There you have now, so if you’re deactivating your account, you should have these things in mind that they won’t be done.
How to Deactivate Facebook Account
As I said earlier, the process is easy. Also, you can make use of mobile or website to deactivate your account. The choice is yours to make on what to use. Below are the steps to deactivate an account on Facebook using a web;
- Click in the top right of Facebook.
- Go to Settings & privacy > Settings.
- Click the “Your Facebook Information” button in the left column.
- Click on “Deactivation and Deletion” to proceed with the process.
- Choose Deactivate Account, then click Continue to Account Deactivation, now commence the process by providing your account password.
Deactivate your account using the Facebook website with the above steps.
How to Deactivate Facebook account from Mobile
Follow the steps below to deactivate the account on mobile;
- Tap on the menu and then move below and select “Settings & Privacy” and then Settings.
- Tap Account Ownership and Control, then Deactivation and Deletion.
- Tap Continue to Account Deactivation and then enter the password when required.
Simple yes. Use the above steps and deactivate your account on mobile.