Wow, amazing the Facebook dating for you gives you the opportunity to get to meet that special someone without much stress. Over the years, many have tried to turn Facebook into a dating app by sending unsolicited nude photos through Messenger, hitting on folks in photo comments, and generally stalking people’s pages.
Once set up, Facebook will suggest possible matches from other people who have opted in, based on your interests, preferences, and the other things you do on Facebook.
Maybe that gave the social media mega-site a hint because now they’ve introduced Facebook Dating. Want to know how to score a date using this new service? Well, worry not as this article got you covered all you need do is read down.
Facebook Dating For You
Facebook dating for you is meant to help revive your love life and get you out of the bus of loneliness. For starters, you must be 18 or older and opt into Facebook Dating.
While you’ll need to be a Facebook member and download the latest version of the Facebook app, Facebook Dating will live in its own dedicated space, with your dating profile kept separate from your main Facebook profile.
All your dating activity will be also be kept apart from your Facebook profile or news feed unless you choose to share it there. It’s up to you whether you want to share other details, including your gender identity, pictures, and so on.
Facebook Dating App
Facebook Dating isn’t a separate app, it’s built right into the site. If you have a Facebook account, you’re already ahead of the game because you’ll need one to access Dating. Though your Dating profile is separate, the Dating section grabs some of your information from your other profile.
Some Key Features of Facebook Dating
Below are some of the key features of Facebook dating;
- Stories: Stories in Dating enable you to share moments from your everyday life so you can find a meaningful connection with someone who is interested in what you’re into.
- Secret Crush: The Secret Crush feature lets you explore potential relationships with people you already know on Facebook and/or Instagram. Facebook Dating won’t suggest your Facebook friends as potential matches, but if you choose to use Secret Crush, you can select up to nine of your Facebook friends or Instagram followers who you’re interested in.
- Events and Groups: You can choose to see other people who are using Facebook Dating with similar interests by opting in to add your Facebook events and groups to Dating.
- Virtual Dates: So you’ve matched with someone in Dating, and you’re ready to video chat with each other. We’re rolling out a feature where you can start a video chat with your match by tapping on the video icon in your chat.
Countries Facebook Dating is Available
Facebook Dating is also currently available in 20 other countries: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Guyana, Laos, Malaysia, Mexico, Paraguay, Peru, the Philippines, Singapore, Suriname, Thailand, the United States, Uruguay, and Vietnam.
Today, Facebook Dating is rolling out to Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Croatia, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Latvia, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Sweden, Slovenia, Slovakia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Spain, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.
How to Download Facebook Dating App Free
Here are the procedures provide for an easy to follow step by step guide on how to download the Facebook app in which you can find the dating feature you desire;
- Firstly, go to your settings in your device and click on allow installation from third-party sites.
- After doing that head over to Google and type Facebook apk
- Into the Google search box.
- Click on apkpure or apkmirror websites that the search results found.
- Once you have been redirected to the site to download the apk all you have to do is navigate to the download box and click on it.
- Now, once the download is complete, click on it to install.