Do you know that you can actually block someone on Facebook if you are being bullied or you feel irritated by the person that is ill-mannered? You can choose to block someone or unfriend a person on Facebook. When you block a friend or someone on your Facebook account, they would not be able to tag or see the posts on your Facebook timeline. They won’t be able to add you as a friend or even start a conversation with you. People are not being notified when they are blocked by you.
In this article, I will be showing you how you can block someone on Facebook. But first, let’s look at what Facebook is.
Facebook is a social media platform developed by a Harvard student, Mark Zuckerberg. It is a free site for connecting and communicating with your friends, loved ones, and colleagues. To be able to use the Facebook platform, you be a registered user. Facebook will help maintain a friend list. Once your personal account has been created, you can receive and send friend requests, post comments, like posts. You can upload your photos and video clips on your Facebook timeline.
You can scroll through your newsfeed to watch awesome video clips and also save them to your device to be seen later. Play games and also use the Facebook marketplace to buy and sell products or items locally. You can register for a Facebook account for free. The app can be downloaded for free on the app store of the device that you are using.
Facebook Block List
Your Facebook block list is where the accounts you have banned or blocked from having any connection and communication with you. The users on your blocked list will no longer be able to message, like, or comment on your profile. Also, they won’t be able to message you using Messenger. You can unblock any user you want from your blocked list easily. Now, in order to block a user from connecting or reach you, you need to b logged into your account using the app or website. And that brings to the Facebook Login page.
Facebook Blocking People
In other to block a user on Facebook, you would need to be logged into your account. Logging into your account is simple and fast to do. Follow the simple guidelines below to be logged in;
- Proceed to facebook.com or launch the mobile app on your device.
- On the login page, enter your email address or the mobile number you used for the account and then type in the account password.
- Then hit on “Log in”.
The account will be loaded and displayed on the Facebook page if the account sign in details is right.
How to Block Someone on Fb
Blocking someone on Facebook is really simple and fast. You can use the app or the website. Blocking a user from connecting with you on the platform doesn’t select the device to use. With that said, let’s follow the instructions below to block someone on Fb;
How to Block Someone on the Facebook app;
- Open the tap and tap on the menu icon at the top or bottom of your page.
- Select the “Settings & Privacy” button and then “Settings”.
- Scroll down to Privacy and tap Blocking.
- Tap on Add to blocked list and type in the name of the person you’d like to block.
- On the search result, find the user and tap on “Block”.
- To confirm your decision, tap on “Block” again.
The profile will be blocked from connecting or reaching you. If you tried using this method and the person’s name doesn’t show up, go to the person’s profile. Then select Block from the menu.
How to Block someone using the web;
Blocking someone on Facebook using the web involves two methods. The reason is that Facebook has a new feature and also the classic which is the old feature. So let’s look at how you can block someone using the new Facebook and Classic Facebook;
- Click on the drop-down arrow.
- From there, select “Settings & Privacy” > Settings”.
- Click Blocking on the left side.
- In the Block users section, enter the name of the user you want to block and click on “Block”.
- Select the user profile you want to block from the list and click on “Block > Block(username).
- Click on the drop-down icon at the top and select “Settings”.
- Click “Blocking” on the left side.
- In the Block users section, enter the name or profile you want to block and click on Block.
- From the search, select the profile to block and click on “Block > Block (username).
There you have it. To block anyone on Facebook simply follow the guides that have shared above.