You might have come across so many updated features of Facebook, especially the highly interactive 360 photos. These photos tell viewers to move their phones around to get details about their surroundings. The trend of sharing regular photos on Facebook has gone now and the future is all about 360 content.
With the widest collection of unique 360 experiences, Facebook is the best place to share, discover and take your content to the next level with 360 Video. Fans can easily discover your content with a special 360 icon indicating interactivity.
As we all know that the Facebook 360 photos or videos are captured from special cameras that have 360 degree capability. A 360 photo allows you to see a photo from every angle including above, below, behind, and next to you. When taking a 360 photo, the field of view will automatically be set to the middle of the photo.
So, most of you might be thinking that you may need to spend a lot to stay tuned to this feature on your device. But the truth is that you need not buy any expensive camera unit to produce 360 photos for your Facebook post. It doesn’t even require a special 360 degree app to upload interactive pictures.
What is a Facebook 360 photo?
A Facebook 360 photo an immersive, panoramic photo that Facebook users can upload to their personal or Facebook business page to give viewers a 360-degree view of what’s happening.
This is a Facebook marketing tactic that can increase page views on relevant posts – especially if you’re using Facebook for business.
Where can I Find 360 Photos
360 photos have amazing immersive formats that are gaining popularity amongst VR enthusiasts and developers. But they seem hard to find. Where can you find them? Below are lists of the best sites to view and download 360 photos;
- Flickr; Flickr has its own VR app to view 360 photos and has one of the largest equirectangular groups on the web. The qualities of photos tend to be high quality since Flickr has the largest membership of experienced photographers.
- Google photosphere community; this is one of the largest 360 photo communities with over 16K members and thousands of photos. You need to send a request to join but you can still view the collection of user-generated photos.
- Kuula; this is 360° photo sharing made simple.” Kuula is a fresh 360 photo sharing network that’s easy to browse and post your own 360 photos. There’s also a cool lens flare feature you can add after you upload.
How Do You Make 360 Pictures?
Below are some of the tips on how to make 360 pictures;
- Firstly, download the apps; on android phones like the Google Pixel, there is nothing you need to do. Simply choose the spherical panorama option from the drop-down box in the photo app and start clicking away. If you’re using an Apple device, then you can download Google street view which allows you to take 360 degree photos.
- Then take the panoramas; this is a really simple process. The apps walk you through where to position the phone. Just try as much as possible to rotate around a fixed point. The more you can do that, the better your 360 photos will be.
- Then, download and Photoshop
- The next step is to choose 3D>Spherical Panorama>Export Panorama to flatten the image and allow it to be uploaded to your chosen destination. You can easily share it on FB or Twitter in this format.
If you are serious about 360, we recommend that you get a specific device as they are getting more and more affordable. But if you want to share or embed a beautiful panorama, it’s still possible to do it with your smartphone, and it does not require any spending. You just need to install the right app. you can get more details about the Facebook 360 here.