We are pleased to inform you that applications are now open for the European Commission Lorenzo Natali Media Prize 2023. All Interested and Qualified Candidates are encouraged to visit the online application page below to apply.
The Lorenzo Natali Media Prize for Journalists around the globe is sponsored by the European Union (EU) with the aim of recognizing the work of global Journalists who are committed to shedding more light on the most pressing global challenges.
The EU Lorenzo Natali Media prize award is designed specifically for Journalists whose reports relate to issues of poverty eradication, Human right, Democracy, Migration, Jobs and Employment, inequality, Employment, sustainable development, environment and biodiversity.
Details About the European Commission Lorenzo Natali Media Prize
- Category: Awards
- Host Organization: European Commission (EU)
- Eligible Country: All countries
- Focus: Pressing Global Challenges.
- Gender: Men and Women
- Eligible Competition languages: The following languages are allowed, English, French, Spanish, German or Portuguese.
- Application Deadline: April 28, 2023
Categories and Criteria for the European Union Lorenzo Natali Media Prize
Participating reporters for the Lorenzo Natali Media Prize should submit written, audio-visual or multimedia work for one of the following categories:
- International Prize: A report published by a media outlet based in one of the European Union’s partner countries.
- Europe Prize: A report published by a media outlet based in the European Union.
- Best Emerging Journalist Prize: The Journalist in this category must be below 30 years of age at the time of publication and published by a media outlet of eligible countries for the International and Europe Prizes.
- Please note that applications are open to reporting in any language
- Applications must be attached with a translation in one of the competition languages: English, French, Spanish, German or Portuguese.
Financial Benefits of the European Commission Lorenzo Natali Media Prize
The prize awards winners with the following:
- A €10 000 to each winner
- A journalist who emerges the winner of the Best Emerging Journalist category will receive a work experience opportunity with a media partner.
How to Apply for the European Commission Lorenzo Natali Media Prize 2023
- Qualified Candidates should visit the online application page of the European Commission at: https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/ to apply
- For more information, kindly visit the EU website found below: https://ec.europa.eu/commission/presscorner/detail/en/ip_23_1323
Selection Criteria for European Commission Lorenzo Natali Media Prize 2023
- Winners In each category will be selected by internationally renowned journalists and representatives from key NGOs around the world.
- Journalists who emerge winners will receive €10 000, with the winner of the Best Emerging Journalist category, offered an opportunity to gain work experience with a media partner.
- The Announcement of the Lorenzo Natali Media Prize 2023 winners will be made during the award Ceremony in Brussels.
April 28, 2023
CHECK THIS OUT: