The EBT card guide is been issued because of the food stamps benefit also known as SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program).
This is a program that is used to assists eligible low-income individuals and families to purchase the food needed for a balanced diet and good health.
You can be able to access your food stamps benefit once your EBT card with the use of your EBT (Electronic Benefits Transfer) cards. The program is mainly for families who do not earn enough to cover food costs.
The amount that is assigned for you in the food stamps benefits depends largely on the income and number of people in your household.
The EBT card can only be used to buy eligible food items on the approved list. The EBT card looks and works just like the normal everyday debit card use.
EBT Card Guide Tennessee
The EBT Card Guide Tennessee otherwise known as Benefits Security Card looks similar to our normal debit card and is been used to issue out food stamp benefits and families’ first benefits to the families that are able to pass the eligibility test for the food stamp benefits of Tennessee state.
So if you can be able to meet the requirements of the food stamps (SNAP) benefits, your monthly benefits will be deposited onto your EBT card with that you can be able to access your food stamps benefit at any eligible grocery stores, selected farmers market, and some other retail stores that accept the EBT card.
How to Apply For EBT Card Tennessee
Below are the three different ways you can apply for the EBT card in Tennessee, depending on the one that suits you best; they are all listed below;
- You can apply for the food stamps benefit online, this method is the easiest option you can opt for. You can apply online via the Tennessee DHS Account portal by going to their website. You can access their website by clicking here.
- You can apply by placing a call to the Tennessee DHS Information line and have an application mailed to you, which you are expected to complete and return it to the local DHS County Assistance close to you. You can get more information about this method of the application here.
- You can also apply in person at any local Tennessee Department of Human Services (DHS) county office that is close to you. For more information on this method by clicking here.
Before you can be eligible for the EBT card in Tennessee you will need to meet some certain requirements. To know more about the eligibility status of Tennessee click here.
How to Check Your Tennessee EBT Card Balance
You can check the balance of your Tennessee EBT card in the following ways listed below;
- First off, you can check online via the ebtEDGE website click here to get to their website. All you need do is enter your user ID and password. Once you log you will be able to access your current balance and the previous transaction history will display.
- Secondly, you can check your balance through your phone. All you need to do is to place a call to the EBT Customer Service number on the back of your EBT card. The Customer Service Hotline is accessible 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. After the call enters the sixteen-digit number on your EBT card and you will hear your current food assistance or cash account balance.
- Finally, you can just check your last receipt. This is a fast and the easiest way to access your current balance. The balance will be listed at the bottom of your most recent receipt that was issued to you. So it is important to keep your EBT receipt well. Should in case you misplaced your receipt, worry not as there are two other ways to check for the EBT balance.
The EBT card is been issued to households that are eligible for the food stamp benefits. The food stamps benefit otherwise known as SNAP has really helped many households and individuals from poverty and hunger.
To know more about the EBT card Tennessee click here.