Heard of eBay? In our current world of online shops, malls and markets where virtually everyone can shop for just about anything and have these items delivered to them without hassle and without having to go physically to the shop, the name, eBay, would always be mentioned. On eBay, you can sell your items and products, buy and even get to save money on purchases made. eBay sells a wide variety of items, ranging from cars, fashion, collectibles, electronics, sports, and very good sales deals on items. Finding it all interesting already? Continue reading to learn more about eBay and hoe to sell on the platform.
eBay is an American multinational e-commerce corporation founded by Pierre Omidyar on the 3rd of September, 1995. This corporation has its headquarters in San Jose, California, United States of America. eBay was formerly called AuctionWeb from its initial creation up until 1997 when it was renamed to eBay. Selling collectibles was the first and main aim of creating the eBay otherwise known as AuctionWeb at the time. The collectibles were auctioned and sold off to the highest bidder. Over time, when the userbase of the site increased, the company decided to expand its items and products put out for sale. In this bid, a platform for others to sell on eBay was also made.
Related: Cyber Monday Deals 2019 – Best Cyber Monday Deals 2019 | What is Cyber Monday
eBay bases mainly on online shopping with Thomas J. Tierney as the Chairman and Jamie Iannone as the President & CEO. The company services worldwide. This means that anyone from any part of the world can make purchases on items and have the item delivered to them. This is made possible through the many hands-on-deck working to sort out the orders coming in. eBay has approximately fourteen thousand (14 000) employees.
The company, eBay, has several subsidiaries under it. They include;
- Auction Co.
- eBay classifieds.
- Kijiji, iBazar.
These are the subsidiaries currently under the online shopping market, eBay.
eBay Shopping Categories
There are several shopping categories on eBay where one can shop from. These categories holds groups of items to make shopping easy for the users, finding specific items is made easy and the website more organized. The categories are all shared into subcategories called the top categories and other categories. The top categories are the major or generalized categories while the other categories are some of the specific items users may look out for. The categories are;
This category covers everything on electronics and similar gadgets.
- Cell Phones & Accessories.
- TV, Video & Home Audio.
- Vehicle Electronics & GPS.
- Computers & Accessories.
- Digital Cameras & Photo.
- Camera Drones.
- Portable Audio & Headphones.
- Video Games & Accessories.
- Smart Watches.
- Smart Home.
The fashion category contains only fashion items. The fashion items are not restricted to only women, but men and kids fashion items are all included in this category.
Check This: Amazon Laptops – Amazon Laptops for Sale
- Women’s Clothing.
- Women’s Shoes.
- Men’s Clothing.
- Men’s Shoes.
- Watches, Parts & Accessories.
- Fine Jewelry.
- Fashion Jewelry.
- Men’s Accessories.
- Women’s Handbags & Bags.
- Kids’ Clothing, Shoes & Accs (Accessories).
Health & Beauty
Looking for beauty products and other health care products? eBay has got you covered on this one. There is a wide range of varieties of beauty and health care products available to eBay users and shoppers to order and use.
- Health Care.
- Nail Care, Manicure & Pedicure.
- Hair Care & Styling.
- Skin Care.
- Vitamins & Dietary Supplements.
- Shaving & Hair Removal.
- Vision Care.
- Bath & Body.
- Oral Care.
Although this online shopping center does not sell cars, it however sells cars parts. Yes, you can buy car parts right off eBay. Here are your varied options.
- Car & Truck Parts.
- Motorcycle Parts.
- ATV Parts.
- Car Electronics.
- Performance & Racing Parts.
- Apparel & Merchandise.
- Boat Parts.
- Vintage Car & Truck Parts.
- Motorcycle Accessories.
- Aviation Parts & Accessories.
- Commercial Truck Parts.
This is the very first idea behind the site’s creation in the first place. eBay is a place where you can get to find collectibles and other relics too.
- Action Figures.
- Animation Art & Characters.
- TV, Movie & Character Toys.
- Toy Vehicles.
- Music Memorabilia.
- Sport Memorabilia.
- Collectible Card Games.
- Pens & Writing Instruments.
- Fan Apparel & Souvenirs.
- WoW Zone.
This category has to do with equipment similar instruments.
- Healthcare, Lab & Dental.
- Electrical Equipment & Supplies.
- Metalworking & Manufacturing.
- Automation, Motors & Drives.
- Heavy Equipment, Parts & Attachments.
- Light Equipment & Tools.
- Test, Measurement & Inspection.
- Packing and shipping.
- Printing & Graphic Arts.
- Restaurant & Food Service.
- Facility Maintenance & Safety.
- Retail & Services.
Most of the equipment for sports and the materials for the same purpose are available here on eBay.
- Outdoor Sports.
- Fitness, Running & Yoga.
- Water Sports.
- Winter Sports.
- Team Sports.
- Boxing, Martial Arts & MMA.
Home & Garden
The garden and general house equipment are not exempted. There are very helpful and useful tools and deco being sold here on eBay for your home and garden alike.
Must See: eBay Account – eBay Account Free | eBay Account for Selling
- Tools & Workshop Equipment.
- Yard, Garden & Outdoor Living.
- Home Improvement.
- Kitchen, Dining & Bar.
- Lamps, Lighting & Ceiling Fans.
- Home Décor.
- Major Appliances.
- Pets Supplies.
- Fish & Aquariums.
- Art Supplies.
- Scrapbooking & Paper Crafts.
- Household Supplies & Cleaning.
There are also more subcategories and grouping under the categories listed out above. These grouping beats down or filters out unwanted items and presents you with the specific kind of item or products you may be searching for. Other general shopping categories included on the site are;
Deals cover discounted prices on items on sale. These discounted prices may last for a few hours, days, or even months on the items. Other times, deals may be free gift attached to items; this means purchasing such items automatically makes you eligible to receive the gifts attached to it. eBay has deals on the following products listed out below.
- Top Categories.
- Tech Deals.
- Fashion Deals.
- Health and Beauty Deals.
- Parts and Accessories Deals.
- Sporting Goods Deals.
- Home and Garden Deals.
- Collectibles Deals.
- Other Categories.
- Cellphone Deals.
- Camera Deals.
- Watches Deals.
- Jewelry Deals.
- Accessories Deals.
- Toys Deals.
- Music Gear Deals.
The under $10 shop covers items that are or less than ten U.S. dollars. On this page, you can also find.. items and products under $5. You can go for the auctioned items and bid for them too.
An eBay account is an important account an eBay user or shopper needs to create in order to process and complete shopping. the eBay account is also a personal account for each user. With the aid of the account, you can successfully shop for items and without it, you would be limited in accessing the features on eBay.
The eBay account holds your cart records and saved items intact for you. Some of the features of the eBay account are;
- Track your orders and items being delivered.
- Can save items to your eBay account.
- Access to items saved in the cart even after logging out of eBay.
- With an eBay account, you do not need to always have your bank details imputed.
- Can access records of purchase history.
eBay Account Sign Up
To open an eBay account, the following details would be required of you. These details entail your first and last name, email address, a preferred password. The following steps would guide you on how to sign up on eBay.
- Go to eBay.com on your browser to load the homepage.
- Go to the top left corner of the homepage and click on “register”. The signup page would be displayed.
- Type in your name and other details required of you correctly.
- Click on “Create account” and your account would be automatically created with you logged in already.
If you do not want to go through all this method of creation, you can easily sign up using Google, Apple, or Facebook. eBay would automatically make use of your basic profile from these accounts mentioned.
Must See: Zando – About Zando | Zando App | How to Sign Up for Zando | Categories on Zando
To sign in to your eBay account, click on “sign-in” beside the “register” icon and impute your username or email address used in signing up the account. After which you would type in your account password and then click on “Sign in”.
My eBay refers to your eBay account and the setup. On my eBay, you can set up your account by adding your phone numbers, postal code, location (address), country, and every other added information that would be needed for ease of your transactions and delivery of your items.
My eBay also gives you a;
- Summary: this gives a summary of all the activities that have been done on the account.
- Recently Viewed: this gives you a view of all the recently checked items from your account. Every item you must have viewed via the account recently would be displayed there. This could help you easily review an item that you may seem difficult to find again on the site.
- Bids/Offers: this brings you all the bids and offers currently going on that may be of interest to you. Also, bids and offers that you were once interested in, the statistics would be displayed for you to know if the item is still available for bid or if the offer is changed and if the item has been sold, you would also see the information there.
- Watchlist: this is a list of all the bids and offers you follow, in the order of their closing. On the watchlist, you can easily win an item or a bid. You can also get notification automatically on items that are about to close.
- Purchase History: the purchase history on your account would also be displayed with which you can keep track of all the purchases you have made through the account so far.
- Selling: the platform allows for others to sell their commodities on the platform.
- Saved Searches: you can follow searches and get updates on them. This page gives you updates on such searches.
- Saved Sellers: this gives you a list of all the sellers and stores you have saved their links. This would make it easy for you to locate these sellers and store on eBay.
- Messages: you can check the message sent to you from sellers or buyers alike. You can also chat up sellers and buyers and have a conversation with them.
eBay For Sale
eBay is also referred to as Everything For Sale. This is where you can get some of the very best deals on eBay covering a large range of items that are mostly not classified under any of the major categories. Some of the groups of items being sold on under Everything For Sale are;
- Career Development & Education.
- eBay Special Offers.
- eBay User Tools.
- Every Other Thing.
- Funeral & Cemetery.
- Information Products.
- LP Parent.
- Personal Development.
- Personal Security.
- Religious Products & Supplies.
- Reward Points & Incentives.
- Test Category For Internal Use Only Parent Level 2.
- Weird Stuff.
You can go on to check out this group of items and see some interesting things you can find for keeps.
THIS is the fastest and one of the easiest ways to sell on and buy from eBay in your own local community. On eBay classified, you can sell bulky items that are too heavy and too expensive to ship out: items like leather recliner sofa, trailers, and other similar items. On the eBay classified, you can also post job opportunities, services you offer, apartments for rent, and much more.
This eBay classified was later shut down acting from the announcement made on the eBay Twitter account. However, sellers still found a way to make classified ads on eBay, although these items could be searched out and easily bought off the eBay search homepage.
eBay has an app that can be operated from both iOS devices and Android mobile devices. This app performs all the functions the web site version does and has more promo and discounted items on it. The app can be easily downloaded off of the Apple Store and Google Play Store on the iOS and Android phones respectively.
Getting the eBay app on your phone is quite easy. Search out eBay on your app store and then download and install it on your mobile device. After that is successful, you can make use of the app anywhere and anytime you want.
Reasons To Shop With eBay
There are several reasons to choose eBay for all your shopping experience. Some of them are;
- Money back: eBay has a return policy where you can return items if it is not what you ordered for and get your money back.
- Top-rated sellers: most of the sellers on eBay are top-rated sellers and sometimes directly from the company of production.
- Get started on eBay.
- Discover the eBay app.
- 80% of the items are 100% new.
- Super deals.
- Check shipping status.
With all the reasons, you can rest assured that you are shopping or about to shop from one of the renowned online shopping platforms.
Recommended: eBay Sign In – eBay Sign In Page