What do you understand with the term Dropbox Video? The word might sound a bit confusing for most individuals. And that’s why this article is here to help you understand what dropbox is and how to share your video files or watch them on cloud storage. Before heading to the major topic for this guide, what is Dropbox?
Dropbox Video – What is Dropbox?
Dropbox can simply be defined as a Cloud storage service that is designed for sharing and storing files. These files could include videos, photos, and also documents. The service is simple and free to use, but you would need to have an account to access it. With the account, you can create different folders on all the connected devices including smartphones, PCs, laptops, etc. Signing up for a Dropbox account is simple and fast to create.
Dropbox Account Sign Up
Dropbox is a single organized place for all your files to be stored. With great features like Spaces, folder suggested, and also Calendar integration. Users can stay focused on the most important works at hand. Here’s how you can create an account on the service;
- Open your browser and go to dropbox.com
- Fill in your name and email ID. the email would be used as your username.
- On the field fr password, type in a great password for the account which you can remember when next you want to sign in.
- Agree to the Dropbox Terms of service by hitting on the box next to it.
- Then hit on “Create an Account” to commence.
Just like that, the account would be created immediately. If the Dropbox apps are installed, you can sign up using the app. Once the account is created, you can share or play videos on Dropbox.
Dropbox Video Player
The Dropbox video player seems to be accessible on smartphone apps only. Videos can be played on both Android and iOS devices.
On the Android application, it uses the Android operating system video player to stream the media file. Lots of videos on dropbox might be supported. This is depending on the device and the operating system you’re using
If the device is not connected to the internet, the audio or video files that you’ve played saved previous offline will play on the device’s default media player. There are also some third-party apps to help play videos if not supported on your device.
On the iOS device, if connected to the internet, the iOS app will play any type of video thrown at it. Dropbox makes use of Apple’s HTTP Live Streaming protocol. This protocol has been designed to stream files to your iPad or iPhone. The video quality depends on the connection. Different video formats are supported on the service including;
In case you make a video or audio file available for offline access and it’s not supported by iOS. Apple’s local media player will play it.
How to Share Dropbox File
Users can share files and folders in their Dropbox account with anyone. Files or folders can be shared using the website or mobile apps. The process is simple and free to do. Here’s how to share files on the Service;
- Sign in to your account using the website.
- Then click on Files at the left column.
- Hover over the file or folder which you like to share. Click on “Share”.
- Fill in the name, email or group of the individual you like to share with.
- Finally, click on “Share”.
On Mobile app;
- Open the app and then tap on “Files” at the bottom.
- Then tap on the “Ellipses” below the file you’d like to share (for iPhone or iPad) or besides for Android.
- Tap on the “Share” icon. Type in the email, group, or name of the person you want to share to.
- To commence, tap on “Share” again.
An email with a link to the folder or file would be sent to the individual. Simple right.
How to Play Video and Audio Files on Dropbox
To play audio or video file stored on Dropbox, follow the simple instructions below;
- Sign in and then single tap or click on the audio or video.
- Its preview page would open and hit on “Preview” to play it.
Just like that, it is done.