Application Deadline:31st March 2022
Deutsche Welle Akademie Master Degree Scholarships 2022/2023 for Journalists to study in Germany. This is a joint project of the University of Bonn, the Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences, and DW Akademie, DW’s center for international media development, journalism training, and knowledge transfer, it offers a perfect learning environment about 30 students in a year.
Deutsche Welle (DW) Akademie Master Degree Scholarships 2022/2023 for Journalists to study in Germany
The program is conducted in English, with topics like media and development, journalism, communication science, and media management. The full-time, four-semester Master’s degree offers an exceptional mix of research, lectures, and practical experience and it prepares students for careers in the communications and media industries.
- The program accepts only 30 students every year.
- It requires highly qualified candidates from developing and emerging countries, and they will complete their degrees in their home countries in order to facilitate direct access to the respective job markets.
- The program is made primarily for young journalists, media managers, and communications staff who are citizens of developing and transition countries, particularly from places like Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Eastern Europe. Also, Germans, EU citizens, Canadians, Americans, and Australians can also apply.
- It is also required that applicants have a bachelor’s degree and, after graduating, at least one year of professional experience in a media-related field. Applicants must also be fluent speakers of the English language.
Who is this Program Aimed At?
- Media workers from radio, TV, online, and print
- Young journalists, especially those working with electronic media
- Journalists and managers from community radio stations
- Communications experts
- NGO employees
- Government ministry employees
- Staff working in the area of development cooperation
- Representatives of national broadcasters’ regional working groups
- Media association representatives
DW Akademie is continuously granting scholarships to up to 10 applicants every year. Any intending student from developing countries can apply for the scholarship.
How to Apply
Make sure the following documents must be available before application.
- A well-written letter of motivation (English, max. 700 words; font “Arial”, size 10.; spacing 1,5; signed and dated)
- Current Curriculum Vitae (English, Europass format, signed and dated)
- Certificate of your academic degree(s) (including ALL transcripts)
- You must have proof of at least one year’s professional experience in a media-related field After obtaining your first academic degree (for a scholarship you must provide proof of at least two years of professional experience). A certificate or letter from your employer can be submitted as proof of work experience. Please make sure it includes your media-related job title, the duration which you worked in that position, company letterhead, date of issue of the certificate/letter, and a signature from your employer.
- A certificate of APS (for applicants who completed their first degree in China or Vietnam)
- Proof of sufficient English language skills (C1-Level or higher in accordance with the “Common European Framework”). If you completed a degree in which the medium of instruction was English, it is advisable that you submit written official confirmation from the university that English was the medium of instruction.
For more information, check out their major website.