Dental hygiene is an active and rewarding field that offers several job opportunities around the world. If you are a dental hygienist aspiring to work in the United States, you may be interested in exploring Dental Hygienist Jobs with Visa Sponsorship.
This post will provide you with valuable information about dental hygienist jobs with visa sponsorship in the USA, guiding you through the process, requirements, benefits, and more.
Dental Hygienist Salary in United States
In case you are not aware the salary is based on years of experience, company, and location. But the average salary for a dental hygienist in the United States is $98,610 – $132,005 per year while per hour is between $42.19-$63.95
Salaries by Years of Experience in the United States
The higher your salary, the more of your years of experience in that field. However, we have listed below dental hygienist jobs’ salaries based on years of experience.
|Years of experience||Per hour|
|Less than 1 year||$42.19|
|1 to 2 years||$49.78|
|6 to 9 years||$57.11|
|More than 10 years||$63.95|
Top Companies for Dental Hygienists in United States
Dental hygienists play a critical role in promoting oral health and preventing dental diseases. In the United States, the demand for dental hygiene services is consistently high, with a growing emphasis on preventive care. As a result, dental hygienists are in high demand across the country, and this demand is expected to continue to grow in the coming years. Below are some companies in demand of the job to apply for:
|Company name||Per hour||Per year||Website to apply|
|Dental Connections||$17.89- $213||$59,690-$180,633||https://www.dentalconnections.com/|
|Pacific Dental Services||$11.53-$55.29||$35,967-$253,289||http://www.pacificdentalservices.com/|
|Signature Dental Partners||$18.18-$62.05||$51,381-$194,029||https://www.signaturedentalpartners.com/|
|Advantage Dental Oral Health Center||$18.84-$51.95||$44,735-$374,902||http://www.advantagedental.com/|
|Coast Dental and Orthodontics||$11.96-$85.12||$40,037-$225,000||https://www.coastdental.com/|
|Integrity Placement Group||$15.97- $115||$39,950 -$266,561||https://www.integrityplacementgroup.com/|
Highest-paying Cities for Dental Hygienists
Everyone has their choice of city to relocate to, but are still confused about the right one to go to. However, we have listed below the top cities that pay very well in this field:
|City||Per hour salary||Per year|
|San Diego, CA||$55.95-$62.50||$115,477-$129,009|
|Denver, CO||$51.15- $60.56||$109,959-$136,050|
|Boston, MA||$53.27- $65.91||$105,566-$124,994|
|New York, NY||$51.07-$61.13||$105,405-$126,182|
|Austin, TX||$48.86-$62.15||$100,854- $128,288|
|Colorado Springs, CO||$48.60-$60.36||$100,305-$124,592|
|Houston, TX||$46.76- $60.03||$96,525-$123,907|
|Raleigh, NC||$45.02-$57.49||$92,923- $118,659|
High-paying Dental Hygienists Jobs
There are different jobs under dental jobs with visa sponsorship. However, your field might not be exactly the main topic, below are similar jobs to apply for:
Periodontal Dental Hygienist
Salary range between $45–$50 an hour
Specializing in gum disease treatment and prevention, periodontal hygienists often command higher salaries due to their specialized skills.
Public Health Dental Hygienist
$47- $53 hourly wage
Working in government or public health organizations, these hygienists focus on community dental health, and their salaries can be competitive.
Oral Surgery Dental Hygienist
Salary range: $57190 and $77187.
Dental hygienists working in oral surgery practices often earn high salaries due to their involvement in surgical procedures and patient care.
Orthodontic Dental Hygienist
$97,000- $110,000 yearly
Orthodontic hygienists assist orthodontists in treating patients with braces and other orthodontic appliances, commanding higher pay for their specialized knowledge.
Dental Sales Representative
$41,015 and $55,878 yearly
Some dental hygienists transition to sales roles, promoting dental products and equipment, which can be lucrative due to commissions and bonuses.
How to Become a Dental Hygienist
To pursue a career as a dental hygienist, you may need to complete the following steps:
- Obtain an associate’s degree from a dental hygiene school that holds accreditation.
- If you aim to advance your career, you can pursue a bachelor’s or master’s degree in dental hygiene.
- Apply for licensure through the dental board in the state where you intend to practice, and successfully pass both a written and clinical examination to secure your professional license.
The Most Common Benefits for Dental Hygienists
Working as a dental hygienist in the USA offers various benefits, and some of them are listed below:
- 401(k) matching
- AD&D insurance
- Continuing education credits
- Dental Insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Opportunities for advancement
- Paid sick time
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Pet insurance
- Professional development assistance
- Profit sharing
- Referral program
- Relocation assistance
- Retirement plan
- Safety equipment provided
- Tuition reimbursement
- Uniform allowance
- Vision insurance
Duties and Responsibilities
Below are Dental Hygienist Jobs with Visa Sponsorship:
- Provide dental hygiene services, including teeth cleaning and oral assessments.
- Assist dentists in performing dental procedures and treatments.
- Educate patients on oral hygiene and preventive care practices.
- Maintain patient records and treatment histories.
- Adhere to infection control and sterilization protocols.
- Promote and maintain a safe and clean dental environment.
- Collaborate with the dental team to ensure patient comfort and satisfaction.
- Stay up-to-date with industry regulations and best practices.
- Continuously improve skills and knowledge to enhance patient care.
- Comply with visa requirements and maintain legal status in the USA.
- Dental hygiene degree from an accredited program.
- Appropriate state licensure.
- Knowledge of dental procedures and equipment.
- Strong communication and patient education skills.
- In-depth understanding of oral health and hygiene.
- Willingness to comply with visa sponsorship requirements.
How to Apply for Dental Hygienist Jobs with Visa Sponsorship
Below are steps on how to apply for the job:
- Obtain the required dental hygiene qualifications.
- Research potential employers offering visa sponsorship by visiting indeed.com, linkedln.com, google, or visit any company website listed above.
- Submit job applications to these employers.
- Highlight your visa sponsorship needs in your application.
- Attend interviews and discuss sponsorship during the process.
Types of Visa
The visa is based on the location which is the country and state. However, below are visa to apply for:
- H-1B visa for skilled workers in specialty occupations.
- TN visa for Canadian or Mexican professionals under the USMCA.
- O-1 visa for individuals with extraordinary ability in the field.
- J-1 visa for exchange visitors (limited availability for dental hygienists).
- Green card (permanent residency) for long-term employment.
Dental hygienist jobs with visa sponsorship in the USA can be a fantastic opportunity for those looking to further their careers in a country with a high demand for dental health services. While the process may involve several steps, the potential benefits, including a fulfilling career and the chance to live in the USA, make it a worthwhile endeavor. If you’re a dental hygienist with the necessary qualifications and dedication, you can successfully find a job with visa sponsorship in the United States and embark on a rewarding professional journey.
What Skills Are Needed To Become A Dental Hygienist?
Since dental hygienists frequently deal with anxious patients who need to be kept calm, they must possess good interpersonal and communication skills. They are also expected to possess great organizational and time management abilities because they manage multiple jobs at once.
Who Can Become A Dental Hygienist?
Strong speaking, listening, and critical thinking abilities are required of dental hygienists. They must also possess manual dexterity, be service-oriented, and have social perception. To work in this sector, one must get an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in dental hygiene.
CHECK THESE OUT: