Dating on Facebook today is so amazing. Facebook Dating is a new feature that helps you make romantic connections through the global social network. You don’t have to create a separate dating profile; Facebook uses the information on your current profile to recommend potential matches based on shared interests.
Your profile will also be recommended to others who have Facebook Dating activated. Facebook’s dating feature is very similar to Bumble and Tinder in that you cannot message other users until you both express interest in each other.
The app will not suggest any of your current Facebook friends. Likewise, your dating profile will not be visible to your friends who use the feature. However, friends can add each other to their secret crush list, so you could match with a friend if they have a crush on you.
Dating on Facebook Today
Because of how easy it is a lot of people prefer dating on Facebook today. But before you can be able to access Facebook dating, you must set up a Facebook account. Since the dating feature draws information from your regular profile, you should fill it out as much as possible.
There is no separate Facebook Dating app or Facebook Dating site; the feature is integrated into the Facebook mobile app. Pictures and other content you share via Facebook Dating don’t appear on your regular Facebook profile.
Conversations on Facebook Dating are also kept separate from your Facebook Messenger conversations. If you become Facebook friends with some after matching with them on Facebook Dating, you can still see their dating profiles.
How to Activate Facebook Dating
Below are the guidelines to get started using Facebook dating;
- Open the Facebook app and tap the hamburger menu in the top-right of your feed.
- Tap Dating.
- Follow the prompts to set up your dating profile. After you share your location and choose a photo, your dating profile will be generated using information from your Facebook account. You can customize your Facebook Dating profile by adding more information, photos, and even posts from Instagram. Tap Done when you’re satisfied.
How to Use Facebook Dating
Below are the guidelines in using the Facebook dating app;
- Tap the heart on the user’s profile to let them know you like them, or tap the X to pass. If they like you back, you can start a conversation.
- If someone else likes your profile, you’ll receive a notification. Tap the heart on their profile to like them back so that you can send a direct message.
- You can view your matches and conversations by tapping Matches at the top of the app.
- Scroll to the bottom of your profile and tap Answer a Question to answer random questions that will help Facebook improve your match suggestions.
- You can also add photos and share Instagram posts at the bottom of your profile page.
Naturally, you may be skeptical of Facebook Dating. After all, finding a partner is super personal, even if online. So, you must opt-in to use Facebook Dating. You’ll also have the ability to report and block anyone, prohibiting people from sending you photos, videos, messages, and so on. Get more details here.
Facebook has long been a suitable place to create a long-lasting relationship. You can get more details about dating on Facebook today here.
More Helpful Posts
- Dating in Facebook for Free – How to Create a Facebook Dating profile – Facebook Dating
- Dating on Facebook Free for Singles 2021 – Facebook Dating Profile | Dating in Facebook Free
- Facebook Stock Price – How Can I Buy Stock In Facebook
- Dating in Facebook App for Singles Free: Dating on Facebook Free | Facebook Dating App Download Free