Dating on Facebook online is now been made easier and official, through the Facebook dating feature on your Facebook Account. It’s the start of something new as it helps you to create a meaningful relationship for singles through the things you have in common, such as your interests, preferences, groups, and events.
Though finding a romantic partner is personal and that is why Facebook made sure to build this dating platform to be safe and private. Facebook dating gives you access to features that are very useful such as secret crush which allows you to add up to 9 of your Facebook friends, the block setting that allows you to block anyone at any time, and many others.
Dating On Facebook Online
Dating on Facebook isn’t really stressful, you can choose to opt into Facebook Dating and create a Dating profile, which is separate from your main profile. If you’re 18 years or older and have downloaded the most recent version of Facebook. You will be suggested to others who have also opted into that dating platform too.
But have it in mind that before you can begin dating on Facebook or accessing the Facebook dating groups or the Facebook dating apps, you are required to own a Facebook account as the dating feature cannot be downloaded separately, this is because it is within the Facebook app itself.
Free Dating On Facebook
Facebook dating is completely free. Unless of course, you won’t count your personal data as currency, Facebook Dating is completely free. No monthly subscription is required, no premium fee, and no membership fee is charged. And this is one of the reasons Facebook dating is better than other dating apps.
Online Dating On Facebook
How to Turn Off Dating On Facebook
If you’ve created a Facebook Dating profile, you may find at some point that you want to delete it. Maybe you’ve found that you like another dating app better, or maybe you’ve found that dating apps aren’t for you altogether. Well, either way you can still delete it.
If you want to opt-out or turn off your Facebook dating and don’t know how to do that, just follow the steps below;
- Launch your Facebook app on your mobile phone or enter your Facebook through the web address; facebook.com/r.php.
- At the top of the menu, tap on the three horizontal bars at the top right corner on your screen
- Scroll down and tap on dating
- Tap on the gear icon at the top right corner to open the settings
- At the top of the Settings menu, on the right, press the “General” tab.
- Then select “Delete Profile” from the “Account” menu.
- Enter the reason for deleting your dating profile and tap next
- Instead of completely deleting your profile, you will be asked to “Take a Break.”
- Select “Delete Profile” if you are sure you want to delete your profile and all the data associated with it.
- Confirm your desire to delete your profile.
With the above steps, you can successfully delete or take a break from the Facebook dating profile. You can also choose to opt-in anytime you want to.