CyberSecurity is simply the practice of protecting and defending electronic devices and software like computers, networks, phones, and other mobile devices, data, and many more from malicious attacks.
Cyber Security can sometimes be referred to as information tech security and other times, electronic information security. Cyber Security can be used in different fields and contexts but mainly in computing, electronics, and businesses.
Cybersecurity can further be divided into application security, network security, information security, end-user education, operational security, and disaster recovery, and business continuity.
CyberSecurity | Cyber Threats
Cyber threats are attempts to breach the security of electronic devices and software, as of now, the rate of cyber threat is increasing rapidly. A cyber threat can be categorized into three forms namely;
- Cyberterrorism – cyberterrorism is attempted basically used to undermine the security of electronic devices and software just to bring about panic and fear.
- Cyber-attack – this has to do with collecting and gathering information that is politically motivated.
- Cybercrime – here, a person or group of persons work together to breach the security of electronic devices or software for financial benefits or to create chaos.
These are the forms of cyber threats, now, with cybersecurity, these threats are sometimes made unfruitful.
Cyber Security | Malware
Using the layman definition, malware simply means malicious software, it is with this malicious software, individual or groups (hackers or cybercriminals) use to gain access and breach the security of electronic devices and software.
Malwares are created by hackers or cybercriminals to disrupt the targeted system or software.
These malwares are transferred or sent to the target destination via email or are attached to download links, malware are of different types, listed below.
- Ransomware – this malware, locks your device or software and threatens to delete its data unless a ransom is paid.
- Adware – these are malware spread via ads.
- Botnets – a network of malware used to infiltrate computers and perform tasks without the access of the owner.
- Virus – Viruses are programs that self-replicates and attach themselves to files to spread the virus throughout the whole device.
- Spyware – just like the name, they spy on you and infiltrate your privacy.
- Trojans – these are malware that disguises are legit software.
To avoid falling victim of malware attacks, you should avoid downloading from unknown sites and clicking on unrequested links.
Check Out >>> Cyber Security Jobs – How to Become a Cyber Security Expert
Cyber Security | Cyber Safety Tips
Here we will be giving you major cyber safety tips to guard you against cyber threats. These tips are easy to do and you won’t have to take your devices to software engineers. Below are major cyber safety tips to guard against cyber threats.
- Always keep your software and operating system updated.
- Make sure you have an authentic and active antivirus running on your device.
- Use strong passwords, and if two-step authentication is available, you can use it too.
- Avoid opening email attachments sent from unknown sources.
- Don’t click on unknown links or unrequested links.
- Do not connect your devices to unknown and unsecured Wi-Fi.
These easy tips are measures you must make a habit of to avoid being a victim of cyber-attacks. More research can be done on Google.
Recommended >>> Cyber Security – The Best Cyber Security To Make Use Of