We live in a digital world now, and more and more companies, organizations, and businesses are continually taking advantage of the internet to sell their products and services to a wider audience. And with this new development, there is a need to talk about cyber security and all that it entails. In this post, therefore, we shall be learning one or two things about cyber security, cyber security salary, qualifications, and many more.
Cyber Security Salary
Cybersecurity is a very crucial part of any organization, company, or business that has an online platform. The job of cybersecurity personnel is to ensure the information and network of a company is safe from digital attacks and cybercriminals and judging on how important it is to have a very strong cybersecurity department in any company, you can tell that cybersecurity salaries are definitely going to be mouth-watering.
Top Cyber Security Jobs and Salaries
Cybersecurity jobs are currently one of the highest paying jobs of today, and the more professionally qualified you are, the bigger your paycheck. The table below contains some of the biggest cybersecurity salaries and careers:
|Cybersecurity careers||Annual average Salary|
|1. Chief Information Security Officer||$162,037|
|2. Security Architect (IT)||$123,687|
|3. Security Manager (IT)||$108,464|
|4. Security Assessor||$102,500|
|5. Security Engineer||$90,745|
|6. Information Security Consultant||$85,430|
|7. Security Director||$85,728|
|8. Penetration Tester||$84,605|
|9. Incident Manager||$80,873|
|10. Information Security Specialist||$76,358|
Skills Required Of Every Cyber Security Personnel
Working as a professional in the department of cybersecurity in any organization is a big deal, your big salary also comes with duties and responsibilities, and as such, such a professional is required to be armed with skills necessary to get the job done, and these skills include the following:
- The ability to think outside the box and work effectively.
- Must have a strong and active interest in the IT sector.
- The ability to pay attention to detail.
- To be able to work effectively even under pressure and still deliver as expected.
- Strong and flexible communication skills to meet demands and expectations resulting in solving problems.
- Must have a sound understanding of confidentiality issues and relating laws.
There are, of course, more skills you learn along the ways as you move up the ladder of your career, and this is quite interesting because the internet is always evolving from time to time, and so, the learning never stops, which in turn, makes you a very important asset to your company.
How Can I Learn Cyber Security?
If you’re thinking of pursuing a career in cybersecurity. I’m happy to inform you that there is more than one option available for you to study cybersecurity depending on your schedule. You can learn cybersecurity through:
- Studying cybersecurity as a course (or cybersecurity-related courses)in the tertiary institution.
- Learning online through websites like UDEMY and COURSERA
- Paying for in-person cybersecurity boot camps.
The options are made available for you to learn to become a cybersecurity expert at your pace and learn one of the most demanded jobs today.
- Duolingo – The world’s Best Way To Learn A Language
- Alto Pharmacy: Alto Pharmacy Services, Locations, Careers, login and App
- Samsung Internet Browser – Features of the Samsung Internet Browser
- Scratch – The Best Children Block-Based Visual Programming Language And Website
- Facebook Code Generator – Facebook Code Generator App | Facebook Security