Setting up Chromecast with Google TV is very easy but it’s quite unfortunate that many users are still finding it difficult.
Well, with that being said, this article is more like a guide for users who do not know how to effectively and successfully set up Chromecast with Google TV. All you have to do to get the pieces of this information is to continue reading the content of this post from start to finish.
Chromecast with Google TV
With this guide, you will be able to set up your Chromecast with Google TV and voice remote. With the popularity of Chromecast and Google TV these days, it is no doubt that everyone wants a piece of it. It is a very smart way to consume television and entertainment and who wouldn’t want a less bit of stress when watching TV? And now that’s all said and done, I will be starting things off with what you need to get started.
What you need to set up Chromecast with Google TV
You really do not need much in setting this up. But whatever it is that you need and I will be listing in this post is very important. Below are the things you need in getting started;
- A Chromecast with Chromecast voice remote and Google TV.
- A TV or display unit with an HDMI input such as an HDTV.
- You need a tablet or a mobile phone device which is optional.
- You should know that the tablet or mobile phone should meet up to the minimum OS requirements that are needed to run the Google Home app.
- Also, it must have the latest version of the Google Home app on iOS or Android.
- It should support a 5 GHz connection in order to set up Chromecast on a 5 GHz connection. You should note that a WPA2-enterprise network is not supported.
- A Google account preferably a Gmail account.
- A strong and secured internet connection.
Steps to Set up Your Chromecast and Voice Remote
First, you need to start things off with the TV and Chromecast remote. It is important that you make use of the directional pad (D-Pad) on the remote in navigating and selecting. Follow the steps below to set up your Chromecast and voice remote;
- First, you will have to put on your TV.
- Next, plug your Chromecast into any available HDMI input on your TV or any other display unit or device.
- Plug one end of the power adapter cable directly into your Chromecast and then the other end into an open outlet. You should also note that you can also connect your Chromecast to an Ethernet network.
- Next, you will have to plug your Chromecast into an HDMI input on your TV or display device.
- Continue to switch on your TV to the HDMI in which your Chromecast is plugged and then wait for your remote to pair.
- You should know that the paring of the remote is automatic in many cases. But if the screen of your TV displays ‘start pairing’, then you will need to press and hold the ‘back’ and ‘home’ buttons on the remote. Do this until the light on the remote begins to pulse.
- Continue to choose the language that you want to use.
How to Set Up Chromecast with Google TV With your Phone
- After the TV shows instructions to follow to set up with the Google Home app, you should open the home app on your phone.
- In the vent that you have never made use of the Home app, you should tap on the get started option and select the Google account that you want to make use of with Chromecast. Tap on Ok and then tap next.
- If on the other hand, you are not with your mobile phone, you can opt to complete the setup with the voice remote. All you have to do is to select set up on TV instead and then follow the on-screen instructions.
- You should allow the Google Home app to locate and connect to devices on your network if prompted. If however, you do not get a prompt;
- Go to your settings app on your iPad or iPhone.
- Select the Bluetooth and then turn it on.
- Return to the settings main page and tap on privacy local network.
- Next, turn on the Google Home app.
- Lastly, go back to the opened Google home app.
- Tap on the setup Chromecast option. Tap on next and wait for the app to find or locate your Chromecast.
- In the vent that you can’t find ‘set up Chromecast’ in the top left corner, tap on add set up device + new device on the home that you want to make use of and tap on next.
- Give permission to the home app to make use of the camera of your phone to scan the QR code on the TV screen. After scanning the QR code you will have to wait for your Chromecast to connect.
- You can also enter the setup code manually in the home app if you don’t feel like scanning the QR code.
- Now the home app should take you through a series of setup steps which may include selecting your preferred settings and also accepting the terms of usage and service.
- And after the screen displays ‘set up here is finished’, you should continue set up with the remote and TV.
That’s it. After this, you will have to continue to set up the Chromecast remote. If however your remote is automatically set up, you should continue to finish setup with the TV and remote. If your device is not automatically set up, follow the steps here to set up the Chromecast remote.