Choosing the Best Credit Cards for Delta Flyers. If you fly Delta even a few times a year, chances are you’ll benefit from having a Delta-branded credit card. Lounge access, priority boarding, free checked bag on Delta flights, earning Delta SkyMiles, and improving your chances for an upgrade are all great reasons to be a cardholder.
Choosing the Best Credit Cards for Delta Flyers
In addition to Delta-branded credit cards, there are other credit cards that can help you earn free flights and even provide you with complimentary Sky Club lounge access. Today we’re going to explore credit card options that provide benefits specifically for Delta flyers. Having one of the following Delta-branded credit cards qualifies you for a free checked bag, priority boarding, and a 20% inflight food/beverage purchase statement credit.
- Delta SkyMiles Gold American Express Card
- Delta SkyMiles Gold Business American Express Card
- The Delta SkyMiles Platinum American Express Card
- Delta SkyMiles Platinum Business American Express Card
- Delta SkyMiles Reserve American Express Card
- And the Delta SkyMiles Reserve Business American Express Card
All cardholders for the above Delta credit cards qualify for Delta’s Pay with Miles benefit. This benefit allows cardholders with at least 5,000 SkyMiles in their frequent flyer account to use those miles toward the purchase of flights.
Six Delta credit cards come with a free checked bag, priority boarding, 2 miles per dollar earnings on Delta purchases, 20% inflight food/beverage credit, and Pay with Miles benefits.
Requirements to Qualify for Delta Credit Cards
All Medallion MQD requirements, with the exception of Diamond level, can be waived when you spend $25,000 on a Delta-branded credit card in a calendar year. However, for the Diamond level, the waiver requires $250,000 in spending on a Delta-branded credit card. You can also earn Medallion Qualifying Miles when reaching certain spending levels each year on your Delta-branded credit card.
Amex Platinum Card and The Business Platinum Card from American Express
- Delta Sky Club access for the cardholder, and access for the cardholder and 2 guests to over 1,300 additional worldwide lounges
- Earning 5 Membership Rewards Points per dollar spent on Delta flights purchased directly from Delta and on American Express Travel.
Best Credit Cards for Delta Flyers
Below are some of the Best Credit Cards for Delta Flyers.
Delta Reserve Card
- Sky Club lounge access for cardholder
- Discounted Sky Club access for guests Waiving MQD requirements for Medallion Elite status after spending $25,000 or $250,000 (for Diamond Medallion) per year on the card
- First class, Main Cabin, or Comfort Plus companion ticket
- Medallion upgrade priority
- Provides a faster path to elite status
Delta Platinum Card
- Discounted Sky Club Access
- Main Cabin companion ticket
- Waiving MQD requirements for Medallion Elite status after spending $25,000 or $250,000 (for Diamond Medallion) per year on the card
- Increased upgrade priority after meeting MQD waiver requirement
- Faster path to elite status
Blue Delta Card
- No large annual fee
- 20% credit for inflight food/beverage purchases
- Earn 2 miles per dollar spent at U.S. restaurants in addition to 2 miles per dollar spent on Delta purchases
All of the aforementioned credit cards offer additional American Express member benefits that vary by the specific card. These benefits include the following: No foreign transaction fees, concierge service, rental car loss/damage insurance, baggage insurance, travel accident insurance, purchase Protection, and other shopping benefits
Finally, If you’re a Delta frequent flyer and you can utilize the benefits that come with any of these credit cards, it makes sense to be a cardholder. Gaining complimentary lounge access, earning Elite Qualifying Miles, receiving upgrade priority, and saving on a companion ticket each year are all benefits that deliver value.