Are you one of the many users on Facebook who are looking for ways to change their password on the platform? If you are then this ‘change Facebook password’ article is what you need at the moment. This article should I say is more like a guide. This article will be highlighting all that you need to successfully change your Facebook password. We all know that a password is one of the important things if not the most important thing when setting up an account or developing a thing. The password is more like the last security measure to safeguard a thing. And on the Facebook platform, this is no different.
Change Facebook Password
Over the year’s cases of hacked Facebook accounts has been increasing that it is almost like a norm. Every now and then people always report their accounts being hacked and so on. The thing is that before your account on Facebook can be hacked it simply means that the hacker or unauthorized users have gotten access to the password to your account on the platform. Once in every time, it is important to always update your Facebook password. Well, not just updating your password but updating a strong password with another strong password. This way, unauthorized users, third-party users, or hackers will not be able to steal your password or login details on the platform.
Facebook has got a lot of security measures in place. And this is one of the various reasons I love the platform. Whenever your account is about to be logged in from another device in another location, Facebook notifies you immediately. With this type of notification, you get to know if your account is about to be hacked. The wisest thing to do in a situation like this is to log out of all other devices and change your password on Facebook. However, if you do not know how to change your password on Facebook, you have nothing to worry about. I will be directing and guiding you on the steps soon just as I have established earlier.
How To Change Your Facebook Password
Changing your password on one of the best social media platforms in the world is easy. It is quite unfortunate that some users still don’t know how to go about it. Luckily for you, you have got me to put you through. To change your Facebook password, follow the steps below;
- Login to your Facebook account.
- Click on the drop-down icon in the top right corner of your Facebook account page.
- From the drop-down, select settings and privacy and then click on settings.
- Select Security and login on the next page.
- Click on edit next to the change password option.
- Enter your password and then the new password in the spaces provided.
- Lastly, click on save changes.
- Open Facebook and login if you are not logged in.
- Tap the menu icon at the top right corner.
- Scroll down the page and tap the settings and privacy option.
- Tap on settings and select security and login.
- Tap change password.
- Provide your current password and enter a new password.
- Re-type your new password and tap save changes.
- Open the app and log in if you are not logged in.
- Tap the menu icon in the bottom right corner of Facebook.
- Scroll down the page and tap on the settings and privacy.
- Select settings and tap security and login.
- Scroll down and tap change password.
- Enter your current password and a new password.
- Retype your new password and tap save changes.
Just in case you are logged in to your account and you have forgotten your password, you should follow the steps under the change your password section and tap forgot your password. Follow the steps to reset your password. But know that you will need to have access to the email address or phone number associated with the said account.