People ask, Can I Download and Use Microsoft Word For Free? Whether it’s for work or personal use, chances are at some point, you’re going to need to access a Microsoft Word document, a PowerPoint presentation, or other basic tools found in Microsoft 365.
The service, formerly known as Office 365, offers more features than the average office software, but it can be costly. If you don’t want to spend your money on Microsoft 365, don’t stress. There are a few ways to get the service for free.
The good news is that you can now use Microsoft Word for free. While you’re more limited on its scope, there’s no longer any requirement to buy a copy or sign up for Microsoft 365 to use Microsoft Word.
Can I Download and Use Microsoft Word for Free
Microsoft Word is the most well-known word processing application on the planet. For decades, it has been a staple of both home and enterprise use. It has also been hidden behind a paywall most of that time.
Things are a little different in the present climate, though. Not everyone needs the full power of Microsoft Word, and with online alternatives like Google Docs available to use for free, paying up doesn’t make as much sense as it once did.
Features of Word (Microsoft 365)
Below are some key features of Word (Microsoft 365)
- Spell check
- Grammar check
- Easy to use formatting options
- Choose from thousands of templates
- Compatible with other Microsoft 365 apps
- Save to the cloud with OneDrive Access
The above are some of the features of Word (Microsoft 365)
How to Download Word (Microsoft 365) for Free
Below are tips on how to download Word (Microsoft 365) for free;
- Click the Download button on the sidebar, and a new page will open with some helpful FAQs for Microsoft 365. Click on the Download Now button.
- Click the Try Free for 1 Month link.
- Click the sign up free button
- You will need to log in or create a new free Microsoft account. Take note; the free trial is only available for new customers. So, if you’ve previously purchased a subscription, even to an older version of Office, it won’t let you continue to the download section. The way around this is to create a new Microsoft account. It only takes a minute – enter a valid email address, new password, and confirm the email by entering the verification code you received in your email.
- Even though it’s a free trial, you will need to enter your credit card information. Click the Next button to proceed to the secure payment page.
- Choose your payment method. The options are Credit Card or Debit Card, PayPal, or Mobile Phone.
- Enter your payment information and click the Save button.
- Press the Subscribe button.
- After your subscription is confirmed, click the Continue button.
- Click the Download the Desktop Apps button, and your Microsoft account page will open in a new tab.
- Click Install Office and the OfficeSetup.EXE file will download to your computer.
- When the download is complete, open the file, and Microsoft will automatically install the entire collection of Microsoft 365 apps to your computer.
The program is very easy to use, so you can create, organize, and design professional-looking documents with no real prior knowledge. You can get more details by clicking this link.