Best Podcasts on Crime is one of the things that a lifetime movie cannot capture, won’t you agree. Podcasts are the new frontier of the genre, allowing listeners to go deep on cases, form their own theories, and occasionally even help out the investigators in real-time.
The best true crime podcasts are ones that say something about society while providing an intriguing narrative, and those are the kind we’ve listed here. We’re all friends here, and by friends, I mean lovers of true crime.
When future historians look back at this golden age of podcasting, they’ll likely point out that true crime was the engine that boosted the medium into the stratosphere.
Best Podcasts on Crime
This article will give you insight into the best podcasts on crime to help you understand better. The best true crime podcasts are an insatiable craving. They’re the ones you immediately have to share with your friends. It’s not an obsession that everyone shares but for those who need to know what’s hiding in the darkness, the best true crime podcasts are essential listening.
True crime podcasts and documentaries have never been more popular but the treatment of the victims of serious crime and the platforming of their attackers is finally being addressed. Victim and survivor-focused narratives are essential and true crime podcasts have been pushing this forward for much longer than recent Netflix documentaries.
The Best Podcasts to Listen to 2022
Below are some of the best picks of crime podcasts you should listen to this 2022;
- In the Dark; if you haven’t listened to In The Dark yet, now’s the time to get to it. The popular podcast, which started with an investigation into the infamous disappearance of Jacob Wetterling, is a firm favorite among true-crime fans for its rigorous, journalistic reporting which is delivered in a non-sensationalist and transparent way.
- Stolen; the search for Jermain; Walker has made it her life’s work to tell the stories of missing and murdered Indigenous women (she is Cree from Okanese First Nation in Canada), and this series sees her continue this work by diving into the case of Jermain Charlo, who went missing from Missoula, Montana in 2018. After two years of investigative work, the police on Charlo’s case believe they are close to finding out what happened to her, and this podcast goes inside that investigation tracking down leads and taking part in search parties while also examining what it means to be an Indigenous woman in America.
- Welcome to your Fantasy; Welcome To Your Fantasy is a new podcast from Spotify which takes a closer look at the world of “greed, corruption, and murder”. And also behind the shining success of the Chippendales – the male dancers who sold the promise of women’s liberation “for the price of a few dollars in a G-string”.
- Hunting Ghislaine; Hunting Ghislaine is a podcast that gives listeners a closer look at the life of Ghislaine Maxwell, the former partner of the convicted sex offender Jeffery Epstein who was arrested by the FBI last year after almost a year spent on the run.
- Park Predators; From the podcast network behind the hugely popular Crime Junkie. Park Predators is a new true-crime series dedicated to exploring the most horrific and mystifying true crime events. Which have unraveled in the national parks and forests around the United States and Canada. Hosted by Delia D’Ambra. The series focuses on a mixture of solved and unsolved cases, exploring how the crimes changed the areas where they occurred.
- Criminal; Criminal’s premise may seem quite simple it describes itself as a podcast that tells the stories of people “who’ve done wrong. And also, been wronged, or gotten caught somewhere in the middle”. But the way it dives into the cases it highlights and explores the smallest of details is anything but.
So if you are looking for a podcast to listen to on your daily walk? These true crime series are guaranteed to keep you hooked for hours on end. And this is including Girl Taken, Blood Ties, and My Favorite Murder. You can more details on the crime podcasts here.
- True Crime Series Podcasts: The Best True Crime Podcasts to Listen to
- Best Podcasts for 2021 – Best Podcasts to Listen to 2021
- Marriage Podcasts 2021: Some of the Best Marriage Podcasts 2021
- Best Crime Podcasts to Listen – Best 10 Crime Podcasts 2021 to Listen To
- Most Popular Podcasts of All Time: Most Popular Downloaded Podcasts of All Time