If you want to get information about the Australian Awards Scholarships for African Professionals in 2022, then this is the right article for you to read. Let’s get into it. The program opens annually for the citizens of eligible African countries to partake in the Awards.
Australia Awards Fellowships for African Professionals 2022
The Award is given by the Australian Government to students from Africa and professionals on annual basis to study in Australian Universities and some selected African Universities on fully funded scholarships awards.
A summary of this award is given below;
Sponsor: The Australian Government
Location: Australian Universities and selected Universities in Africa.
Scholarship Type: Fully funded
Level: Masters and short courses
Slots: 10,000 scholarships available
Worth: The worth of this scholarship varies
Eligible Country: African countries.
Now that we have a general summary of this scholarship, let’s get some more detailed information on this scholarship.
Background of the Australia Awards Fellowships for African Professionals 2022
The Australia Awards Fellowships for African Professionals is one of the incentives by the Australian Government to help students from Africa. This scholarship provides access to postgraduate education, training, and professional development opportunities for qualified candidates from eligible countries. When they get back to their workplace, the Alumni of this award is expected to contribute immensely to the development of their home countries.
Award Categories of Australia Awards Fellowships for African Professionals 2022
This award is given in two different categories which are;
- The Australian Awards Scholarships: this award is given to recipients who are planning to undertake higher degree studies In Australia at Master’s
- Australian Awards Short Courses: This award is given to African students who want to undertake short-term, targeted professional training courses in Australia or In Africa, in the range of development-focused sectors.
These are the two major types of awards given offered by the Australian Government to international African students.
Priority Fields for the Australia Awards Fellowships For African Professionals 2022
The courses favored by this award are given below. These courses might vary by country
- Public policy. This includes public sector management, public sector reform, trade, and international diplomacy
- Environmental Management
- Technical and vocational education and training. This part is only available for short courses only.
- Natural resource Management. This includes subjects related to mining.
- This includes oil and gas technology.
- Infrastructure studies
- Transport management. Including ports, roads, and airport management.
These are the major courses that are favored by this award. Let’s move into the eligibility criteria required for this award.
Australia Awards Fellowships For African Professionals 2022 Eligibility
If you Are applying for this award, you must meet all the eligibility requirements of the country and the award. The general eligibility conditions for this award include;
- All applicants must satisfy all the requirements of the Australian Government for the appropriate visa for students.
- To get this scholarship, you must pass the English language proficiency tests in a training course delivered in English.
- You must demonstrate a clear vision of how the knowledge gotten from your studies will be used to improve your home country.
- You must meet the relevant post-graduate work experience requirements.
- As an applicant, you must be a mid-level to senior-level professional that is currently employed in a relevant field.
- All the applicants must possess a minimum academic requirement which is a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
- Employers of public sector applicants will be allowed to endorse the application.
- Finally, you must be a citizen of an eligible African country. The eligible African countries for this award are; Algeria, Burundi, Nigeria, Djibouti, Egypt, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Libya, Malta, Morocco, Rwanda, Ghana, Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, and Uganda.
These are the major requirements that you must meet to get approved for this scholarship.
Chronic illness like HIV is not a barrier to getting this scholarship. All the eligible people including those who are HIV positive or are living with other chronic illnesses can apply for the Australia Awards Fellowships For African Professionals scholarship.
This program promotes the support of equal opportunities for all applicants.
Benefits of Australia Awards Fellowships For African Professionals 2022
The Australia Awards Fellowships For African Professionals are fully funded. It covers tuition, feeding and accommodation, airfares, internship, extra stipends for upkeep, research cost, and all living costs.
This award is for Africans to help build their critical skills and knowledge. It offers an effective and efficient model to deliver Australia’s Assistance while supporting a range of strategic foreign policy, economic diplomacy, and development objectives across major sectors.
A breakdown of the benefits of these scholarships is given below;
- Educational experience in Australia
- Tuition fees for up to two years
- Full package of study and living cost
- Travel tickets
- Basic medical costs
- Continued professional developments after the scholarship have ended
- Opportunity to join prestigious Alumni network after the scholarship
- Support for women and persons with a disability if required
- Tutorial assistance if required to improve a student’s performance for academic success.
These are the major benefits that people can get from successfully getting this scholarship.
How to Apply for the Australia Awards Fellowships For African Professionals 2022
To apply for this award, follow the steps below;
- First of all, visit the website, dfat.gov.au/people-to-people/australia-awards
- When you get to the home page of the website, select your country and award type,
- Click on the eligibility button
- Now, proceed with your online application, by filling out the Australian Awards Scholarship 2022 Application Form
- follow the steps given on the screen.
These are the major steps required to apply for the Australia Awards Fellowships for African Professionals 2022
Deadline for Application for the Australia Awards Fellowships for African Professionals 2022/2023
The deadline for the application for Australia Awards Fellowships for African Professionals 2022/2023 is the 17th of January, 2023. Therefore, interested applicants should ensure that they apply on or before this date. Any application submitted after this day will not be considered.
Frequently Asked Questions About Australia Awards Fellowships for African Professionals 2022
What costs are covered by Australia Awards?
This fellowship is fully funded. This means that it covers all the major costs required to fund international students in Australia. It covers living costs, travel fees, health costs, etc.
What type of awards/scholarships does the Australia Awards program provide?
Australia Awards program offers two different types of Awards namely;
- Australia Awards Scholarships
- Australia Awards Short Courses
When Can I Apply?
The application for this scholarship is open on the 1st of October 2022 and to be closed on the 17th of ‘January, 2023.
Where can I get more information about the Australia Awards program?
To get more information about this Award, visit the official website, www.dfat.gov.au/people-to-people/australia-awards. if you have questions about this scholarship program. Contact them through the website.