Apply Now For the University Of Sheffield Africa Scholarship 2022 Intake For African Students as it is now open to interested applicants.
About University of Sheffield Africa Scholarship awards
The department of Geography in collaboration with the University of Sheffield is pleased to offer the Africa Scholarship awards for a postgraduate taught student from Africa.
Details of University of Sheffield Africa Scholarship awards
- Application Deadline for this Scholarship: 23rd May 2022.
- Eligible Countries: African countries
- Study in (country): University of Sheffield, UK
- Eligible Field of Study: Applicants are expected to have applied to study one of the following courses to study at the University of Sheffield, starting in September 2022:
- MA International Development
- MSc Environmental Change and International Development
- MPH International Development
- Type of programme: Masters
- Number of Awards: One
- Scholarship Worth and Value: The scholarship offers the below stated support to the successful applicants: Full Tuition fee waiver, Monthly stipend and Accommodation maintenance
Eligibility Criteria for University of Sheffield Africa Scholarship awards
To be eligible for the Africa Scholarship awards:
- The Candidate must be classified as overseas for tuition fee purposes.
- A candidate is expected to be self-funded to receive this award. It simply means that the applicant is not funded by a research council, government, private enterprise, charity or any similar organisation.
- The University of Sheffield Africa Scholarship cannot be awarded in conjunction with any other funding awards, either from the University of Sheffield or external sources.
- The candidate’s mode of attendance must be full time.
- Gaining a successful application is subject to successfully meeting any condition(s) attached before the deadline provided by the Admissions Service.
- It is also subject to successfully receiving a visa to study at the University in September 2022.
- Candidate must be a national of or permanently domiciled in an African country to be eligible
How To Apply For the University of Sheffield Africa Scholarship awards
Interested Candidates are encouraged to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage before applying.
- To go through the requirements before applying, visit the official scholarship webpage
- Once you’re certain about your eligible status Apply for the scholarship by clicking the link in the step below
- For current students please log in using your University of Sheffield account by clicking the “I have a UoS MUSE account” link
- Those who do not have an academic offer to study at Sheffield should visit this link and follow the pop-up information
Application Selection Criteria:
The selection process is usually carried out by a panel who will be looking to see in particular if you have the following:
- A clear reason for applying for a postgraduate course at the University of Sheffield
- An outline of the challenges to academic progress and detailed how these barriers have been overcome successfully,
- A clear outline of examples of work experience in the field of International Development,
- Well, articulated future ambitions that are, the goals related to the postgraduate degree you have applied for, and how your learning will benefit others from your country.
please note that the outcome of your application will be announced via email.