What is ‘Apple Pay how to set up’? Do you know how to set up apple pay? Most people know about apple pay, but unfortunately, they don’t know how to set it up on their devices hence this article ‘apple pay how to set up’.
Apple pay has been a revelation since its inception. With this apple payment technology, there is no limit to what you can now do in terms of purchasing and making payments both in stores and online.
Apple Pay How to Set Up
By now, most certainly, you ought to have known what apple is and what it is all about. For the benefit of those who don’t know, let me do a quick recap. Apple Pay is a contactless payment technology developed by apple.
With this technology, you don’t have to carry your physical debit and credit cards around. You can now store your physical cards on your smartphone device. With this, you can now shop in stores and, make payments. You can also make payments online and in-app.
What You Need To Set Up Apple Pay
Now that you know what apple pay is before I will tell you how to set it up on your device, you need to know the items required. You cannot just go around setting it up on any device. There are pro’s and con’s o this technology and they are;
- Apple ID signed in to iCloud.
- You need to have an eligible Apple device such as an iPhone 6 device or later.
- The latest version of iOS, WatchOS, and macOS.
- A supported card from a card issuer.
Lastly, you need to be in a supported region in order to make use of apple pay. Apple pay is only available in selected regions. As of the time of this writing, apple pay is not yet available and accessible by users in Africa.
How to Set Up Apple Pay
To step up apple pay on your device, follow the steps below;
- Go to your wallet and tap on the + sign.
- Add card by following the on-screen instructions n the display.
- Your card will need to be verified by your card issuer.
- After your card has been reviewed and verified, you can now start making use of apple pay.
- Open the apple watch app on your phone. Go to my watch tab.
- Tap on wallet and apple pay.
- Add a card by following the on-screen instructions.
- Your card will be reviewed and verified by your card issuer and if everything goes as planned, tap on next. You can now start using apple pay on your device.
Mac with Touch ID
- Go to system preferences.
- Select wallet and apple pay.
- Add a card by following the on-screen instructions and tap on Next when done.
- Your card will be verified by your card issuer.
- After your card has been reviewed, tap or click on next.
You can now start using the apple pay app. That’s all about setting up apple pay on your selected apple devices.