AliExpress is an online shopping platform where one can get a very wide range of different varieties of items to choose and buy from. The Chinese e-commerce powerhouse, AliExpress, is a place you can items like the best cell phones, electronics, toys, phone accessories, fashion, home, garden, home appliances, tools, home improvement, automobiles, sports items, beauty products and so much more. The products that are being sold on AliExpress are relatively cheaper than the prices the items are being sold for elsewhere. This is because AliExpress usually gets its products directly from the manufacturers. To find out all there is to know AliExpress how to order, sell and the different items being sold there, read on.
We are in the time and age where everything is being done digitally. Things ranging from buying, selling, keeping in touch, work, conferences, schooling trainings and so much more can all be done on the web without actual or physical contact with each other. This is why AliExpress and other similar platform erupted by bringing the market to the one place you would be, the internet.
AliExpress was launched in April 26TH, 2010 by the AliExpress Group as a business-to-customer buying and selling platform for Chinese companies to sell to foreigners. Now it has grown into a top cross-border online retail-based in China.
AliExpress is available in 220 different countries and regions with their platform localized for buyers from all over the world in 18 languages. These languages include; Russian, Portuguese, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Turkish, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Vietnamese, Arabic, Hebrew, Polish, and others.
AliExpress has over one hundred and fifty million active shoppers and up to two hundred million monthly visits to this platform. AliExpress connects buyers directly to sellers. It is indeed a leading e-commerce retail platform on the internets
One the AliExpress web page, all the items being sold there are well grouped and categorized for buyers to shop with ease. This grouping makes the site and items well organized, easy to find, and easy to purchase. There are the major categories and subcategories. The major categories are the general grouping while the subcategories are a bit more specific. The categories are as follows;
- Women’s Fashion
- New Arrivals
- Trending Styles
- Tops & Sets
- Weddings & Events
- Hot Sales
- Outwear & Jackets
- Underwear & Loungewear
- Novelty & Special Use
Phones & Telecommunications
- Mobile Phones
- Hot Brands
- Mobile Phone Accessories
- Hot Cases & Covers
- Featured Accessories
- Mobile Phone Parts
- Communications Equipments
Computer, Office & Security
- Components & Peripherals
- Security & Protection
- Storage Devices
- Office Electronics
- Computer Networking
- Accessories & Parts
- Home Audio & Video
- Camera & Photo
- Portable Audio & Video
- Smart Electronics
- Video Games
Jewelry & Wristwatches
Home, Pet & Appliances
Bags & Shoes
Toys, Kids & Babies
Outdoor Fun & Sports
Beauty, Health & Hair
Automobiles & Motorcycles
Home Improvement & Tools
- Indoor Lighting
- LED Lighting
- Home Improvement
- Outdoor Lighting
How To Buy On AliExpress
Buying on AliExpress is quite easy and enjoyable. There are several options made available to the buyer for payment for items to be purchase. Like most of the online shopping stores and malls, buying items would require an online payment.
However, to buy from AliExpress, all you need do is follow these steps to be listed out below to order and own your new item. The steps are;
- Go to your browser and load the AliExpress web page ‘https://www.aliexpress.com/‘.
- Locate the three-horizontal line to display the categories or type in the item you want to buy into the search bar to find the item.
- When you find the item of your choosing, click on it. The details of the item would be displayed.
- Click on “Add to Cart” if you are not done shopping.
- Repeat the second, third, and fourth steps until you are done shopping.
- When you proceed to your cart by clicking on the cart icon on your screen. All the items placed there would be displayed.
- Click on the “Buy Now”.
- Fill in your address carefully and correctly.
- When done, review the details specified like price, size, color, delivery terms and cost on the item again.
- Send a message to the seller including the above details.
- Specify if you want an express delivery. This is a much faster delivery option.
- After placing this order, you would be redirected to the checkout page. This is where you are to make payment for the order. Pick any suitable option for you.
You have successfully made your order and you can track this order until it arrives. Make to always read the description of the product you want to buy to be sure of the quality you are purchasing. Also, do well to specify the color, quantity of items you want to purchase.
Check Out: What is Cyber Monday – Cyber Monday Amazon | Stores that Celebrates Cyber Monday 2019(Opens in a new browser tab)
AliExpress looks out for the protection of their buyers. AliExpress gives;
- Great value for your money,
- Worldwide delivery of items to wherever location of the buyer,
- Safe payment methods are used on AliExpress to reduce fraud, theft and missing funds,
- Shopping with confidence where you don’t have to be afraid of being scammed,
- 24/7 help center where you can get help with any difficulty you may face shopping, and
- Shop on the go with ease on the mobile app.
Aside these, there are several payment options available to every buyer on AliExpress. This versatile option makes it easy for all buyers to shop on AliExpress and not being restricted by a payment option. Buyers can make payment for purchases via the app using;
- Discover cards.
- Diners Club card.
- American Express.
- SMS payment in Russia (MTC, MegaFon, Beeline, TELE2).
- AliExpress Pocket.
Via the website, using a system, a buyer has more payment options. They include;
- Discover card.
- Diners Club card.
- American Express.
- Wire Transfer.
- Western Union.
- Mercado Pago.
- Sofort Banking.
- Carte Bancaire (Carte Blue).
- SMS Payment in Russia (MTC, MegaFon, Beeline, TELE2).
- Cash Payment (Euroset, Syvaony, Russian Post).
- AliExpress Pocket.
These are all the payment options currently available on AliExpress for buyers. AliExpress uses the following shipping services to get your orders across to you.
Related: Google Keyword Tool – Access and Use the Google Keyword Tool(Opens in a new browser tab)
- China Post Registered Air Mail.
- China Post Air Parcel.
- The China Post Ordinary Small Packet Plus.
- HongKong Post Air Mail.
- HongKong Post Air Parcel.
- Singapore Post.
- Swiss Post.
- Sweden Post.
- Russian Air.
- Special Line-YW.
- DHL Global Mail.
- F. Express.
Since the shipping methods are set up by the suppliers, a buyer is advised to directly contact the supplier for more shipping information. To contact the supplier, you may go to the product detail page or shop and click Contact Now to send a message.
Under the buyer protection, there is the return policy. This is a chance for a buyer to return an order received if the item is not as described. However, the buyer can get a refund 15 days to return after the claim process finishes. To request for refund;
- Contact the seller to arrive at a possible solution.
- Apply for refund if there was no amicable agreement between the buyer and the seller.
- Raise a claim by opening a dispute within 15 days following the delivery of your order or the end of the package receipt confirmation period (as listed in your order details).
Most sellers will return your money in 15 days, however; if it’s not resolved, you can contact AliExpress from the order detail page to escalate your dispute.
You can easily return an item purchased. This return may either be free or you have to pay for it. Sellers that have Free Return service usually have this icon on their items details page. Return is meant to be done in 15 days after delivery.
Sell On AliExpress
AliExpress has made it easy by opening the platform for foreign sellers. Yes, now you can also sell on AliExpress. Selling on AliExpress means, you have a store on the platform and have their millions of buyers/ shoppers purchase from you.
To sell on AliExpress, you have to first set up your e-commerce store. This is very easy and free and it can be done in a very short time. To open your store on AliExpress, you would be required to provide your VAT Number, Company operating license, ID number of company legal representative.
Most online shopping mall with the open platforms for sellers to join and own shops/ stores them collect a high amount of commission, this is why most of the goods/ items being sold on those platforms are a bit, if not very, high on the price. AliExpress collects commission lower than the average usually taken for other online malls. There is a commission fee only charged to the actual store transactions. This commission is in the range of 5-8% and it is dependent on the items itself and the categories of the items.
Selling on AliExpress gives you, the seller, a fast and stable payment system. Once an item is ordered from you and the payment made to AliExpress via any suitable payment option of the buyer’s choice, the order would be shipped to the buyers, and payment would be made to you by AliExpress as soon as the buyer confirms receipts of the items. It is that easy.
However, high-risk transactions from suspicious accounts would not be blamed on AliExpress but the seller, the same with whatever loss. This is because AliExpress is only a ground for buyers and sellers to meet as the buyers are automatically referred to the seller of a particular item the buyer chooses.
To create your and own a store on AliExpress,
- Go to the AliExpress web page.
- Click on “Sell on AliExpress” at the top on the page. This will load the seller page.
- Click on “Join AliExpress” to create your business account.
- Follow the instructions promptly to successfully create your store’s account on AliExpress.
- After creation, set up your business information correctly.
- Review the application before you submit it to AliExpress.
If you agree to their terms and then you are approved, you would be granted a store on the platform and voila, you can now put out your items on the store and commerce business asap!
Does AliExpress have an app, you may wonder? Yes, it does! AliExpress has a mobile app that is easy to use and very user friendly. You can now access AliExpress from your mobile devices and shop on the go. The AliExpress app is the leading e-commerce app millions of visitors regularly.
To get this app on your mobile device, follow the steps below.
- Go to Google Play Store or Apple Store depending on the one available on your mobile device.
- Search for AliExpress and click on it.
- Click on download or install or both to download and install the application on to your device.
- Once done, set up your AliExpress account and start shopping.
Done. It is that easy and quick. Now you can shop from any place you are at your convenience.