The Afrorama Oral History Competition 2023 provides a platform for African students to share captivating stories and facts that capture the essence of African heritage.
African heritage holds immense value as it reflects the diverse cultures, traditions, and history of the continent. Preserving African heritage is crucial for future generations to understand their roots, foster cultural appreciation, and strengthen their sense of identity.
Afrorama Oral History Competition
The Afrorama Oral History Competition offers numerous benefits to participants:
- Sharing Stories: Participants have the opportunity to share their unique stories with a community of like-minded individuals who share the same passion for preserving and celebrating the rich history of Africa. It creates a platform for diverse voices to be heard.
- Cash Prizes: The competition rewards the best stories and facts with cash prizes, acknowledging the efforts and creativity of the participants.
- Feature on Afrorama’s Social Media: Winning entries will be featured on Afrorama’s social media platforms, giving participants global exposure and recognition for their storytelling skills.
Afrorama was founded by Chloé Bertrand, a Ghanaian-French afro-optimist, who recognized the limited and inaccessible online resources for learning about different African countries.
Launched in April 2021, Afrorama aims to provide a comprehensive “panorama of the African continent.” Since its inception, Afrorama has gained a significant social media following and actively participated in promoting African heritage.
Eligibility for the Afrorama Oral History Competition
To qualify for the Afrorama Oral History Competition, participants must meet the following requirements:
- Age Limit: The competition is open to afro-optimists aged over 18 years old. It encourages individuals from different age groups to contribute their stories.
- Story Length: Entries should be between 60 and 90 seconds long, allowing participants to succinctly convey their stories and facts.
- Unique Storytelling: Participants must tell a unique story or fact related to the African continent. It could be a personal experience, a story passed down through generations, or a tale from their community.
- Language: Entries can be submitted in any language, but a transcript in English or French must be provided to ensure wider accessibility.
- Submission Guidelines: Participants are required to follow the submission guidelines provided by Afrorama via this link: http://uploads-ssl.webflow.com/Guidelines.pdf to ensure fair judging and consistency.
The entries for the Afrorama Oral History Competition will be reviewed by a panel of judges, each representing a region of the African continent. The judging criteria include:
- Authenticity: The judges will assess the authenticity and originality of the stories and facts shared by the participants.
- Emotional Impact: The ability of the stories to evoke emotions and engage the audience will be a crucial factor in the judging process.
- Relevance to African Heritage: The entries will be evaluated based on their ability to capture the essence of African heritage, tradition, and culture.
- Presentation Skills: The participants’ storytelling and presentation skills, including clarity, fluency, and passion, will be taken into account.
The Afrorama Oral History Competition follows a specific timeline:
- Competition Opens: May 25, 2023
- Competition Closes: August 31, 2023
- Winners Announced: September 29, 2023
How to Apply for Afrorama Oral History Competition 2023
To apply for the Afrorama Oral History Competition, follow these steps:
Step 1: Create a Video: Record a video of yourself telling a unique story or fact related to the African continent. Ensure that your video adheres to the submission guidelines provided by Afrorama on: http://uploads-ssl.webflow.com/20Guidelines.pdf
Step 2: Submit Your Video: Visit Afrorama’s website and navigate to the dedicated form for video submissions. Fill in the required details and upload your video following the provided instructions.
- Official website: https://www.afrorama.org/competition
Can I submit my entry in a language other than English or French?
Yes, entries can be submitted in any language, but a transcript in English or French must accompany the submission.
Are there any age restrictions for the competition?
Yes, the competition is open to Afro-optimists aged over 18 years old.
How long should my video entry be?
Entries should be between 60 and 90 seconds long.
Will my winning entry be featured on Afrorama’s social media?
Yes, winning entries will be featured on Afrorama’s social media platforms, providing global exposure.
When will the winners be announced?
The winners of the Afrorama Oral History Competition will be announced on September 29, 2023.
Is there a deadline for submitting the application?
A: Yes, the application deadline is August 31, 2023.
In Conclusion, don’t forget that the Afrorama Oral History Competition is your chance to showcase the rich and diverse heritage of Africa through your storytelling abilities. Start putting your unique story together and take the audience on a captivating journey through time.
More Related Content
- Valentine’s Day Wallpaper: Beautiful Designed Wallpaper This Valentine
- How to Apply for Dental Grants
- UNESCO World Heritage Young Professionals Forum 2023 – APPLY NOW!
- UNESCO World Heritage Residence Scholarship 2023 for Young Creatives Worldwide (Call for Application)
- Best Electric Toothbrush Oral B – Is Oral-B Better than Sonicare?