The Skill Initiative For Africa Funding Window III (FW3) is Hosted under the Skills Initiative for Africa (SIFA) Financing Cooperation (FC) which is a pan-African initiative.
It was founded in 2016 by the African Union Commission (AUC), the German Government and the European Union (EU) with the support from national governments in eight Skills Initiative For Africa partner countries: Ethiopia, Cameroon, Kenya, Ghana, Nigeria, Togo, South Africa and Tunisia.
The overall goal of this Skills Initiative is to advance and strengthen the occupational prospects of the youths in Africa. During its pilot phase of 2016-2025, the Programme finances skills development projects expected to contribute to employment-oriented skills development for African youths.
Details About African Union Commission Skills Initiative For Africa Funding Window III Program
- Host Organization: African Union
- Country: Collaboration of all 55 African countries
- Type of Program: Entrepreneurs
- Eligible Gender: Male and Female
- Application Status: Opening on 13th January 2023
- Application Deadline: 6 February 2023
- Study area:
- Digital Tools and Skills
- Female Gender Entrepreneurship and Employability
- Training in Innovation in Informal Sectors
Benefits of the African Union Commission Skills Initiative For Africa Funding Window III Program
Successfully selected Projects will receive a grant of 0.2-3 million Euros for sustainable and innovative initiatives.
About African Union
The African Union (AU) is a continental body that consists of 55 African countries. The Union was established in 2002 as a successor to the Organization of African Unity (OAU) from 1963-1999.
The key aim behind the establishment of the African Union is to rid the continent of the remaining specks of colonization and apartheid; hence promote unity and solidarity amongst African countries; intensify and coordinate cooperation towards development; to safeguard the territorial integrity of member countries and sovereignty and to promote international cooperation in Africa.
Application Process For Africa Union Commission Skills Initiative For Africa Funding Window III Program
Interested and Qualified Candidates can visit the African Union Official website to apply.
- You can Fill correctly and submit an application on Smartme
- The Smart application form will be opened on 13th January 2023 and closes on 6 February 2023
Eligibility Criteria for Africa Union Commission Skills Initiative For Africa Funding Window III Program
To be eligible for the Skills Initiative funding window III Program, applicants must meet the requirements below
- Must be a Young Entrepreneurs from any sector to be eligible
- Candidates must not be COVID-19 infected.
- Expected to demonstrate Job experience
- Demonstrating value for money
- Should have very good analytic and problem-solving skills
- Good viability and sustainable future financing.
The Funding Window III funds are targeted at the implementation of the proposed innovation, and hence it will not approve the following:
- Projects that mainly Focus on research.
- Projects that mainly Focus on market surveys.
- Projects that mainly Focus on policy development.
- Projects that mainly Focus on capacity building and training.
- Projects that mainly Focus on building infrastructure.
6 February 2023
CHECK THIS OUT: