The aerospace industry is a crucial sector driving technological advancements and innovation. Yet, women are underrepresented, comprising only about 25% of the workforce in this field. Zonta International, a renowned organization committed to gender equality, has taken a bold step to address this issue with the Amelia Earhart Fellowship Program.
Amelia Earhart Fellowship Details and Benefits
The Amelia Earhart Fellowship was established in 1938 as a tribute to Amelia Earhart, an accomplished pilot and a passionate supporter of Zonta’s vision. The fellowship offers up to $10,000 annually to support women pursuing Ph.D./doctoral degrees in aerospace engineering and space sciences.
It aims to empower women to pursue careers in these fields and bridge the gender gap in the aerospace industry. The fellowship funds can be utilized at any accredited university or college offering post-graduate courses in aerospace engineering and space sciences.
This enables aspiring women researchers and scientists from across the globe to access world-class education and opportunities in these specialized fields. The impact of this initiative is truly remarkable, with former recipients achieving great success in diverse aerospace-related careers, ranging from astronauts and aerospace engineers to professors and business owners.
About Zonta International
Zonta International is a renowned international organization that was established over 100 years ago, it consists of individuals working towards building a better world for both women and girls globally. Since its inception, Zonta International successfully empowered girls and women around the world through service and advocacy.
The Organization envisions a world in which women’s rights are recognized as human rights and every woman is able to achieve her full potential.
Eligibility Criteria for Amelia Earhart Fellowship 2024
To qualify for the Amelia Earhart Fellowship, applicants must meet the conditions below:
- Only women applicants can apply for the Amelia Earhart Fellowship
- Women from nationality are eligible to apply
- They must be pursuing a Ph.D./doctoral degree
- Demonstrate exceptional academic performance and a focus on research applied to aerospace engineering or space sciences.
- Applicants should be currently enrolled in a full-time Ph.D./doctoral program or have completed at least one year of such a program.
- Those with a master’s degree in an aerospace-applied field can also apply.
- Post-doctoral research programs are not eligible for the Fellowship.
Certain individuals are not eligible to apply for the Fellowship, including:
- Club members and direct members of Zonta International,
- Employees of Zonta International and Zonta Foundation for Women, as well as their family members.
- Former Amelia Earhart Fellows are also not eligible to renew the Fellowship for a second year.
Application Process for Amelia Earhart Fellowship 2024
- Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the Fellowship through the Zonta International Foundation website at: zontainternational.awardspring.com/
- Once the page is accessed, applicants will be required to log in or signup by entering their email and password in the space provided
- After completing the above step, go down the page and tap on the Sign in icon or Register to proceed
- The Amelia Earhart Fellowship Committee reviews all applications and recommends deserving recipients to the Zonta International Board.
- Please note that selection is based on the criteria outlined in the requirements section of the application.
The application deadline for the 2024 Amelia Earhart Fellowship is November 15, 2023. Applicants will be informed of their application status by the end of April 2024.
More Related Content
- High Paying Jobs With an Associate’s Degree
- 10 Highest Paying Aviation Jobs
- The Streaming Industry in 2022
- The United Kingdom Set To Host a ‘Drone Superhighway’
- 8 Highest Paying Welding Jobs
- The Facebook Fellowship Program 2021 | How to Apply
- Technologies Useful for Businesses in the Future
- World Bank Group Africa Fellowship in USA 2024 – APPLY NOW