The UTRIP Summer Internship 2024 intake at the prestigious University of Tokyo, is currently accepting applications from eligible Candidates, for an opportunity to explore academic enrichment and a blend of Japan’s rich culture.
UTRIP is an acronym for the University of Tokyo Research Internship Program; an immersive journey into the world of research for undergraduate students.
UTRIP Summer Internship 2024 at the University of Tokyo (Funded)
This Fully Funded Summer Internship is designed for students from any nationality, pursuing a Bachelor’s or an integrated Bachelor’s/Master’s degree, except Japanese citizens. This edition of the UTRIP Internship Is scheduled to be held from June 26 to August 6, 2024 (40-day).
The program combines activities beyond the academic field, including off-campus activities, historical site visits and cultural events, to the end that it fosters connections with current students at the University of Tokyo. In addition, participants will get an idea of completing a master’s degree program from Utokyo after completing an undergraduate degree.
Students are not required to pay any program fee to apply or be considered. The benefits that come with the UTRIP Program include the following:
- Accommodation (43 nights): Interns will be provided with a privately managed off-campus residence. The rooms are furnished with beds, desks and air-conditioning.
- Meals: Interns are provided with varieties of meals in Tokyo and at the school cafeteria.
- A One-time Allowance is provided for Round-trip Airfare to Japan and daily expenses such as transportation in Japan.
- The applicant cannot be of Japanese nationality or citizenship.
- All other nationals are eligible to apply.
- A bachelor’s degree program must have been completed in full at least once by the applicant.
- After finishing the internship, there must be one semester or quarter remaining, which must be finished after returning.
- Applicants must be enrolled in an integrated Bachelor’s/Master’s program.
- Students in science, engineering, and all other relevant fields are eligible to apply for UTRIP.
- Enroll in a natural science program or a similar discipline.
- Candidates should demonstrate English Language Proof through TOEFL, or IELTS. However, Students who already obtained an English-medium education continuously for the past 8 years are exempted from submitting English proficiency test scores.
- Application form
- Personal statement
- English language qualifications.
- Ensure you have a recommendation letter from a professor familiar with your educational background.
- English language proficiency is a core requirement, hence Applicants must demonstrate that through TOEFL or IELTS
Hosting Labs & Project Topics
- Earth & Planetary Science
- Chemistry, and
- Biological Sciences.
How to Apply?
Visit the official website at https://www.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp/en/utrip/apply-now/ to apply
Anticipate the selection results, set to be unveiled on the UTRIP website on April 8, 2024.
January 9, 2024.
CHECK THESE OUT:
- International Graduate Scholarship 2023-2024 – APPLY NOW
- University of Tokyo Graduate School of Frontier Sciences Fellowship
- Asian Bank Scholarship Program In Japan 2023 Fully Funded – Apply Now
- How to Watch Tokyo Olympic Online – Tokyo Olympics Schedule and Events
- ADB Scholarship 2023 Fully Funded – University of Tokyo