University of Göttingen Stephan Klasen Fellowship. This Fellowship was established in 2019 by the Faculty of Business and Economics, the Presidential Board of the University of Göttingen, and the Faculty’s Development Economics professorships.
The fellowship was established on the occasion of the Farewell Lecture by Prof. Dr. Dr. h.c. Stephan Klasen, Ph.D. Through this award, the Faculty of Business and Economics honour’s the development economist’s great commitment to young researchers and to development economics in Göttingen at large.
University of Göttingen Stephan Klasen Fellowship
Stephan Klasen work has significantly expanded development economics in the University of Göttingen and, by establishing diverse and cross-faculty cooperations and networks, has enabled interdisciplinary research in this field.
As a result, Göttingen is currently Germany’s largest and internationally most visible location for research on developing countries. Also, Stephan has created one of the first junior professorships at the Faculty of Business and Economics.
About the Fellowship
The Stephan Klasen Fellowship kicked off in 2021. The fellowship will have two postdoctoral fellows invited to Göttingen for a one-year scientific exchange every year (no teaching required). The fellowship is announced annually.
Details of University of Göttingen Stephan Klasen Fellowship
- Type of program: Postgraduate
- Institution: University of Göttingen
- Country: Germany
- Gender: Men and Women
- Application Deadline: October 31, 2022
About University of Göttingen
The University of Göttingen is Officially called the Georg August University of Göttingen. It is a public research university in the city of Göttingen, Germany.
Founded in 1734, The University of Göttingen was established to promote the ideals of the Enlightenment. Currently, is the oldest university in the state of Lower Saxony and the largest in student enrollment.
Enrollment Benefits of the Stephan Klasen Fellowship
- Recipients of the fellowship will receive monthly stipend and, if applicable, child and family allowances and a travel grant.
- The Stephan Klasen Fellowship amount follows the guidelines for awarding scholarships at the University of Göttingen, which in turn are based on German Research Foundation (DFG) guidelines.
- Adjusted regularly based on cost of living to ensure that scholarship holders can live comfortably in Göttingen.
How to Apply for University of Göttingen Stephan Klasen Fellowship 2023
- Please note that the Application documents include an academic CV, one publication or working paper, contact details of at least two academic references and a two-page research statement.
- All the Applications should be submitted to [email protected]
- Visit University of Göttingen website below for more details: https://uni-goettingen.de/en/632637.html
Criteria for University of Göttingen Stephan Klasen Fellowship Qualification
- The scholarship is open to Candidates from low and middle income countries according to the OECD DAC (http://www.oecd.org/dac/financing-sustainable-development/development-financestandards/daclist.htm)
- All the applicants are required to hold a PhD in development economics (or similar) before the start date of the fellowship.
- A minimum of One of the two fellowships will be awarded to a female candidate.
- Any Disabled applicant with equivalent aptitude will be favored.
October 31, 2022
- The Home Button of Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Just Got More Colorful
- MEXT Titech University Scholarship in Japan 2023 Fully Funded – APPLY NOW!
- 100 Powerful Verbs that can Spice up your Resume
- ETH4D Doctoral Mentorship Programme 2022 For Developing Countries – APPLY NOW!
- College with No Application Fee in Georgia