Are you an international student who dreams of studying in Japan but is worried about the cost of tuition and living expenses? If so, you may be interested in the Japanese Government MEXT Scholarships 2023.
MEXT Scholarships 2023/2024
The Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship is a scholarship program funded by the Japanese government. The program is designed to provide financial support to international students who wish to study in Japan. The MEXT scholarship Program covers tuition fees, living expenses, and round-trip airfare.
MEXT Scholarship program is available to undergraduate, graduate, and research students. There are several types of scholarships offered under the MEXT Scholarship program, including:
- Research students
- Undergraduate students
- Specialized training college students
- College of Technology students
- Young Leaders’ program
Financial Benefits of Japanese Government MEXT Scholarships
The MEXT Scholarship provides various benefits to international students, including:
- Recipients will be given monthly the sum of 117,000 yen, with an extra allowance of 2,000 yen or 3,000 yen per month for students pursuing research in specially designated regions.
- The entrance examination fee which the student is expected to pay, will be covered including matriculation, and tuition at universities.
- The costs of travel will be covered including airline tickets for those who will arrive in Japan and also return tickets at the end of the program.
- Japanese language training
- Health insurance
Application Process for MEXT Scholarships
- The application process for the MEXT Scholarship varies depending on the type of scholarship you are applying for. On a general note, the application process involves the following steps:
- Contact the Japanese embassy or consulate in your home country to obtain the application forms and guidelines.
- Complete the application forms and submit them to the Japanese embassy or consulate in your home country.
- If you pass the primary screening, you will be invited for an interview.
- If you pass the interview, you will be recommended to the MEXT.
- The MEXT will make the final decision on the scholarship recipients.
- For more information, visit the Japanese Government website at: www.studyinjapan.go.jp/en/planning/scholarship/
To be eligible for the MEXT Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Nationality: You are a citizen of a country holding diplomatic relations with Japan.
- Age: For undergraduate students: You must be born on or after April 2, 1997.
For graduate students: You must be born on or after April 2, 1992.
- Academic Background: For undergraduate students: You must have completed 12 years of school education or have graduated from a school equivalent to a Japanese high school (including those who will graduate by March 2023).
For graduate students: You must have completed 16 years of school education or have graduated from a university equivalent to a Japanese university (including those who will graduate by March 2023).
- Language Proficiency: You must have sufficient proficiency in the Japanese language or the English language.
- Health: All Applicants must be in good health condition
- Other Requirements: You must be willing to learn the Japanese language and Japanese culture.
June 20, 2023.
Who is eligible for the MEXT Scholarship?
To be eligible for the MEXT Scholarship, you must be a citizen of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan, meet the age and academic background requirements, have language proficiency, and be in good health.
What types of scholarships are available under the MEXT Scholarship program?
The MEXT Scholarship program offers scholarships for research students, undergraduate students, specialized training college students, college of technology students, and young leaders’ programs.
What does the MEXT Scholarship cover?
The MEXT Scholarship covers tuition fees, living expenses, round-trip airfare, travel allowance, exemption of fees for the entrance examination, matriculation, tuition at universities, Japanese language training, and health insurance.
More Related Content
- MEXT Scholarship – Apply for MEXT Scholarship 2023 at www.mext.go.jp
- Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship Application – How to Apply Now
- MEXT Titech University Scholarship in Japan 2023 Fully Funded – APPLY NOW!
- Japan Movies App – Ten Apps to Watch and Stream Japanese Movies
- English Teaching Jobs In Japan with Visa Sponsorship – Apply Now