The World Universities Ramsay Postgraduate Scholarship 2024 in Australia is currently accepting applications from suitably qualified international students in Australia. To help you understand the significance of this Scholarship, we will discuss briefly its origin.
Founded in 2017, the Ramsay Centre was established through an endowment by the late Mr Paul Ramsay AO, a distinguished Australian businessman and philanthropist. Mr. Ramsay’s vision was deeply rooted in gratitude for the opportunities his country had given him, stemming from the rich heritage of Western civilization.
Paul Ramsay’s vision was crystal clear; he aimed to ensure that young Australians, with their potential and leadership skills, could experience the world’s best education. The Ramsay Centre is dedicated to the study of Western civilization, and its mission is to nurture a generation of students who appreciate this heritage.
World Universities Ramsay Postgraduate Scholarship – Details
The World Universities Ramsay Postgraduate Scholarship was established to provide support to young Australians who aspire to undertake graduate studies at the world’s most prestigious universities. Think about Oxford, Cambridge, UCL, Harvard, Princeton, and Bologna, among others.
This scholarship covers a duration of one, two, and, in select cases, three years of the student’s graduate coursework or research. The levels of support provided are highly competitive, aligning with renowned scholarships like the Rhodes, John Monash, Fulbright, and other major scholarships.
The allure of the World Universities Ramsay Postgraduate Scholarship lies in its substantial benefits. It’s worth AUD$90,000, a generous sum that covers the student’s living expenses, tuition fees, and related educational costs.
To be considered for the World Universities Ramsay Postgraduate Scholarship, prospective candidates must meet the criteria below:
- Candidates need to have secured a place in a graduate program at a world-leading university overseas.
- This scholarship is specifically for Australian citizens or permanent residents.
- The World Universities Ramsay Postgraduate Scholarship are not awarded for undergraduate study, medical research, or post-doc. research, visiting fellowships, or any research activities.
- They are also not available for part-time study or executive education programs.
Timeline for Application
The application process has been scheduled to unfold as follows:
- 1 Feb 2024: Commencement of Ramsay Postgraduate Scholarship applications
- 28 March 2024: Closing date for Scholarship applications at 5 pm AEDT.
- 26 April 2024: Shortlisting of candidates and invitation for interviews.
- From 14 – 16 May 2024: Interviews will be held for shortlisted candidates at the Ramsay Centre in Sydney.
- Towards the end of May 2024: Notification of all Successful candidates
- A 2-day Orientation program, including an award ceremony in Sydney, at the Ramsay Centre will host (End of June 2024)
- Proof of Australian citizenship or permanent residency.
- A letter of offer from the university of your choice (up to three can be listed in preferential order).
- A research proposal, if applicable.
- An academic summary, detailing your academic history, institutions attended, degrees obtained, transcripts, and awards.
- A 2-page max. of CV.
- Responses to selection criteria.
- Contact details of three referees.
How to Apply
To apply for the World Universities Ramsay Postgraduate Scholarship, please follow these steps:
- Expression of interest in the Ramsay Postgraduate Scholarship (May and December 2023) via the email address stated on the official website below
- Applications for overseas study with the relevant institution (September 2023 to January 2024) Applicants are allowed to list up to three institutions where they’ve been offered a place.
- Creation of account at the application portal from 1st February and 28th March 2024, to commence applications.
- For more details, please see the official website at: https://www.ramsaycentre.org/scholarships-courses/postgraduate-scholarships/world-universities-ramsay-postgraduate-scholarship/
Applications will close on 28th March 2024 at 5 pm (Sydney time)
CHECK THESE OUT: