WordPress Popular Posts is one of the best widgets that display your most popular posts for your WordPress Blog.
Features of WordPress Popular Posts
This WordPress popular post features can help you boost you WordPress site.
- Multi-widget capable; with this multi-widget capable you can have several widgets of WordPress Popular Posts on your blog and each of them we have their own settings.
- WordPress Muti support; with this each and every site on the network can have its own popular posts.
- Time Range; all you need to do is to list those posts on your blog that have been the most popular ones within a specific time range. For instance last 24 hours, last 7 days, last 30 days, etc.
- Custom post-type support; WordPress Popular Posts custom post type support helps you to show other stuff than just posts and pages.
- Statistics dashboard; with this statistics dashboard you can see how your popular post are doing directly from your admin area.
- Sorting options; order your popular list by comments views or average views per day.
- Use your own layout; WordPress popular posts is very flexible enough to let you customize the look and feel all your popular post. And you can also see how to style the WordPress popular posts.
- Disqus support; you can sort your popular posts by Disqus comments count.
- Localization; you can translate WordPress popular posts to any time of language you want and you understand.
- Shortcode support; you can use the WordPress short code to showcase your most popular post on pages.
- WP- PostRatings; with this you can show your visitors how your readers are rating your posts.
- Template tags; when using this you can still embed your most popular entries on your theme with the WordPress template tag. And this WordPress template tag allows you to retrieve the views count for particular posts if you want to find out more about this you can check the installation page.
How to Install WordPress Popular Posts on your WordPress Blog
The steps are very easy it just for you to make sure your site meets the minimum requirements before proceeding.
How to Automatically Install WordPress Popular Posts.
These steps are easy all you just need to do is to;
- Log in into your WordPress dashboard, then you go to your plugins and click on add new
- When you check the search plugins field, you will just have to type in WordPress Popular Posts and you click on enter
- Then you will have to find the plugin in the search result list and then click on install now.
That all the steps you will just have to follow for the automatic process.
How to Manually Install WordPress Popular Posts
These is also very easy, there is no much different between the auto steps and the manual step. All you just have to do here is to;
- Download the plugin and then you extract its contents, then you upload the wordpress popular posts folder to the WP content plugin
- And then you will just have to activate the WordPress Popular Posts plugin through the plugins menu in WordPress.
Note; WordPress Popular posts can be used in three different ways
- It can be use as a widget; all you just need to do is to drag and drop it into your theme sidebar and configure it.
- This can also be use as a template tag; with this you can place it anywhere on your theme with WordPress.
- It can be use as a Via shortcode; this helps yours wordpress account so that you can embed it inside a post or a page.
With all this you can always enjoy your WordPress blog and find it very easy for you to access any time you need it.