Wordfence Security is one of the most downloaded security plugins for WordPress websites. WordPress security plugin provides the best protection available for your website. This is powered by the constant update threat defense feed. WordFence Firewall stops you from getting hacked. It also has the wordfence scan leverages that alerts you quickly in the events your site compromised. It lives Traffic view gives you real-time visibility into traffic and hack attempts on your websites.
Wordfence Security Features
We have different features you can use to secure your WordPress account. We have the;
- Firewall; this helps to protect your site at the endpoint, enabling deep integration with WordPress. And also protect your site from brute force attacks by limiting login attempts. And enforcing strong password and other login security measures. This Firewall identifies and blocks malicious traffic built and maintained by a large focused 100% on WordPress security. Under the firewall, Wordfence has the web application firewall, country blocking, advance manual blocking, real-time threat defense feed. And we also have the block brute force attacks.
- Scan; under this, they are also a lot of features that can help you protect your WordPress account. Malware scanner checks core files, themes, and plugins for malware, bad URLs, backdoors, SEO spam, malicious redirects and code injections. You can also check your site for known security vulnerabilities. Wordfence always alerts you if there is an issue. With Wordfence Security, to check to see if your site or IP has been blacklisted for malicious activity, generating spam or other security issues. You can also compare your core files, themes. And plugins with what is in the WordPress.org repository, checking their integrity and reporting and changes to you.
Keep reading below to learn more about Wordfence Security Features.
More on Wordfence Security Features
Below are more of the security features of Wordfence.
- Live Traffic; with live traffic, you can view blocked intrusion attempts, view Google crawl activity, view logins and logout, view human visitors and also view bots and crawlers.
- Tools; with live traffic, monitor visits and hack attempts not show in other analytics packages in real-time. Including origin, their IP address, the time of the day and the time spent on your site. You can also block attackers by IP or build advanced rules based on IP range, hostname, user agent, and referrer. The free version of Wordfence includes an excellent comment spam filter.
Above are some of the security features of Wordfence.
Install Wordfence Security on WordPress
Installing Wordfence Security is very easy if you read and follow the procedure carefully.
- Install Wordfence automatically or by uploading the Zip file.
- You will have to activate Wordfence through the plugins menu in WordPress. Activate the plugin.
- Go to the scan menu and start your first scan and scheduled scanning will also be enabled.
- As soon as your first scanning is completed, a list of threats will appear. Go through them one by one to secure your site.
- Then you will have to visit the Wordfence options page to enter your email address so you can receive email security alerts. You can also change your security level or adjust the advanced options to set individual scanning and protection options for your site.
- Then you click the “Live Traffic’’ menu option to watch your site activity in real-time.
Above is how you can install Wordfence on WordPress easily.