With the increasing millions who are daily engaging on the PayPal platform either to send or receive money from friends, family, and businesses, it has become important you know what PayPal buyer protection the system has put in place to safeguard you and your transactions. Paypal tries to look out for you in the event where anything goes wrong with your online shopping. Thus if your eligible PayPal purchase does not go as planned, you can be sure that Paypal will help you get your money back as well as get your shipping costs refunded.
Here, we will be taking you into the world of the PayPal buyer protection and show you how to benefit from it as a buyer.
With PayPal Buyer Protection
Paypal buyer protection simply means the protection PayPal offers to its buyers as they pay with PayPal on any website. This protection covers buyers when any problem arises. If an item that a buyer purchased, does not arrive or is significantly not as described, PayPal helps the buyer get a full refund.
How to Qualify for PayPal Buyer Protection
As a buyer, we will only be over stressing the fact that you need a PayPal protection. If your transaction qualifies for PayPal buyer protection then you can rest assured that you are covered not only for the full purchase price but also for the original shipping charges.
How to Qualify:
- Use PayPal as the payment service to complete your payment.
- Notify the seller that there is a problem with the transaction by opening a dispute in the “Resolution Center” within the timeframe stated in the transaction details. If you are unable to resolve the issue with the seller, then you can escalate the dispute to a claim within 20 days of the date you opened the dispute.
- Ensure your PayPal account is in good standing.
- Lodge a dispute within 180 days of payment.
How to Report a Problem
To report a problem as a buyer:
- Go to the PayPal Resolution Center or the eBay Resolution Center.
- For any of these mediums that you decide to use, you will receive the same coverage.
- To find out to report a problem on eBay, go to eBay and tap on the Resolution Center at the rear of any page.
CHECKOUT >>> Skype Video Calling - Create Skype Account
What you Should Know about PayPal Buyer Protection
Here are the things you should know about PayPal Buyer protection:
- Some purchases like vehicles in the Motors category, industrial machinery used in manufacturing as well as Real Estate, do not qualify for PayPal buyer protection.
- The Resolution Center is not available on the Paypal app, but can be accessed through the Paypal website on your desktop.
- To get more insight into PayPal buyer protection as well as see a full list of eligibility requirements and exclusions, you are to review Paypal’s User Agreement by tapping Legal at the rear of any PayPal page.
- In order to make an informed decision, PayPal may ask you for some supporting documents. And once the case as been decided in your favor, PayPal will refund you up to the full amount of the purchase and original shipping costs.
In order to protect your purchase, as a buyer, you need to sign up for a PayPal account.
How to Sign Up for a Paypal Account
Signing up for a PayPal account is easy, simple, and free. Here are the basic steps you need to follow to own an account:
How to Sign Up
PayPal offers two types of accounts that you can choose from. They are: personal account and business account.
You can choose between two account options on PayPal. There are personal account and business account.
A PayPal Personal, allows you to shop in your country and around the world from your computer or on your mobile, without sharing your financial information with the sellers.
The PayPal Business account, allows you to accept payments and send invoices to your customers. It offers you a more secure way of selling to anyone, anywhere, and at any time.
To sign up:
- Scroll to paypal.com/welcome/signup/#/email_password
- Fill out your email address
- Enter your First name and Middle name and Last name.
- Create your password.
- Confirm your password.
- Then, click on the “Next” link
- On the new page, enter your Nationality.
- Key in your address line 1 and Address line 2.
- Enter your Postal code – City / Town / Village / State / Province / Region.
- Fill out your Date of birth
- Enter your phone type – Phone number.
- Click on the “Stay logged in for faster checkout” box if you want to stay logged in. If not you can skip.
- Review, and agree to Paypal’s User Agreement and Privacy Statement.
- Then tap in the “I Agree” to create your account.
Do You Need to File a PayPal Buyer Protection Claim Within a Certain Timeframe?
Yes. You have to start by opening a dispute and try to work things out with the seller using the Dispute Resolution process in the Resolution Center. If you are unable to resolve the dispute or reach an agreement with the seller, then you can escalate it to a claim with PayPal within 20 days of the date the dispute was opened. After that, the dispute will automatically close and you will not be eligible for Paypal Buyer Protection coverage.
What Does PayPal Buyer Protection Cover?
PayPal Buyer Protection covers the following:
Refunds for incorrect orders: This protects you when an order does not arrive or match the seller’s description. If this happens, Paypal reimburse the full cost for eligible purchases.
$0 liability: If you get charged for something you did not purchase, let PayPal know and your account will be secured and an investigation carried out.
Resolution Support: If you have any problems with a purchase, or you are concerned about suspicious activity, identity theft or phishing, report your suspicions.
You can now shop with confidence, as Paypal protects you from checkout to delivery using the latest anti-fraud technology to help spot problems even before they happen. Your account information stays safe and secured from sellers.
With PayPal Buyer Protection, you are sure to get what you pay for.!!!!