Throwback Thursday #TBT – Recall old Memories with #TBT
Throwback Thursday is well known internet trend used to recollect old memories on social media platforms such as Instagram, Twitter and Facebook. Users often post evocative pictures of their past accompanied by the hash tag #TBT or Throwback Thursday. It is used by people all over the world to share and relieve their past experiences with anyone they want. While a majority of posts reflect positive moments in someone’s past. The term throwback can be attributed to anything in the past.
Sports illustrated attribute the origin of them to a sneaker specific blog named Nice Kicks. According to SI, this blog began a practice of regular postings (on Thursdays) of photos of old basketball footwear in 2006, titling the series “Throwback Thursday”. One other source agrees on giving more insight into the origins of the term and its usage
Origin of Throwback Thursday
Throwback Thursday originated in African-American communities throughout the U.S. As a means to remember the past memories both positive and negative. Most times, those moments tied black people, no matter their location. Since then, the slogan has blown up to the point where #TBT has been used on Instagram over 200 million times. While the trend has origins outside of social media. It gained popularity once major apps such as Instagram began to rise in popularity as well.
Popularity of Throwback Thursday
Throwback Thursday became very popular due to the fact that people love to relieve past memories. Whether it be their childhood, old relationships, past vacations, old songs or anything that gives them joy remembering it. People also love sharing their memories with others and attract attention in the form of comments and likes.
How to use throwback Thursday[#TBT]
Anyone can participate in the trend by posting a photo or video on social media sites. Which include but are not limited to Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Tumblr.
- Make sure it’s a Thursday and you’re live on a social media.
- Get your items for the throwbacks, this could be a picture of you when you were small or an image of something that was made long ago, apart from these it could be anything u remember that existed long ago inform of images which could go on any social media.
- Then open your social app, (Facebook for instance).
- Go on to the post bar where you would select photo/video, click on it and you will be redirected to your main gallery.
- Select the pictures of your past or memories then share it out to the world.
Note: don’t forget to tag along the hash tag #TBT or you can decide to write in full which is #ThrowbackThursday.