Rufus is an application software used for driving components of a pc, like; Graphics, Network, and others of their kind. Rufus is a free and open-source portable application software mainly for the Microsoft windows which is used to format and create a bootable USB flash drive to run windows software on PC’s. it was developed by Pete Batard of Akeo consulting.
Brief History of Rufus Software and Features of Rufus Software
The Rufus software was originally designed as a modern open source replacement for the Hp USB disk format tool for windows, which was primarily used to create a DOS bootable USB flash drives. The Rufus software was released on December 11, 2011. Rufus software supports a variety of bootable iso files, including Linux distribution and windows installation.
How Do I Create A USB Flash Drive for Installing Windows Operating System Bootable
To install windows 8 education edition, or you have windows XP,7 on your PC but without an optical drive (CD/DVD), you can use a windows computer to create a bootable flash drive to use in the installation. As part of the process, you get a windows operating system’s file of your choice (XP, 7, 8, 8.1, 10), containing all the files you need for the installation. Use the power iso application software to write the windows operating system software. The power iso makes it write properly.
What you need to Make Use of Rufus Software
- A USB flash drive of about 4 GB
- A valid product key for your choice of operating system software.
- A windows computer, you must have the administrator’s privileges.
Creating a Bootable Installation Flash Drive for All Windows
- Launch the Rufus Application.
- Select your USB flash drive.
- Select your preferred windows operating system software for installation.
- Click on START, the application will format the flash drive to NTFS then copy the windows file into the USB flash drive.
How to Install Windows Operating System on A PC Using USB Flash Drive
- Insert your USB flash drive into the USB port Switch on the PC
- Click on the boot menu button for your PC brand (F9, F11, F12)
- Select the USB drive
- Click on the install windows 7 now.
- Choose what version of windows 7 you prefer based on what you want to use the system for (Starter, Professional, Basic, Ultimate, etc. ) and also choose this version bit based on the system properties (32 bits, 64 bits).
- Read license carefully and accept license terms and click on the next button.
- Choose the custom settings and click next.
- The next step is to select where u want to install windows. You select if you want to create a partition or format any partition.
- Wait for few minutes for windows operating system to install on Pc. The speed of the installation depends on the processor speed and RAM’s size.
- During the installation the windows operating system software will drive the system components like graphics, network adapter, etc.
- After installation is complete user will fill necessary information.