The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) 2020 Internship was established to offer jobs to job-seeking applicants. OPEC Fund is located in Vienna, Austria where it is one of a number of international organizations hosted by the Austrian Government. It does not maintain offices or staff outside its headquarters.
The OPEC Fund helps its beneficiary countries pursue their social and economic development by providing financial assistance towards the realization of their specific development goals. It also acts as an agent on behalf of its member countries in their relations with other international financial institutions. Apply now to get the benefits of the International Development Internship.
OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) 2020 Internship
This development program titled OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) 2020 Internship, offers an Internship Program enabling students from diverse academic backgrounds to experience work with an international organization. It is assigned to different departments and units depending on their interests and qualifications, and according to departmental needs.
The Internship program also offers opportunities to focus on one or more of the following; public sector operations, private sector and trade finance operations, grants, financial management, risk management, strategic planning and economic services, internal audit, human resources, administration, communication, legal services, and information technology. Here are the work assignments undertaken by interns may include:
- Writing documents.
- Conducting research.
- Organizing information.
- Assisting employees with day to day work/activities.
About OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID)
The OPEC Fund organization is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. They have about 12 member countries which are; Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, and Bolivia. It is aimed at improving people’s lives by providing public, private, and trade sector financing. As well as grants, to support sustainable social and economic advancement across the globe. The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) 2020 Internship efforts strengthens infrastructure and human capacity across inter-related fields like energy, transportation, agriculture, water, sanitation, health, and education in over 134 countries.
Before you go into the main body of the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) 2020 Internship, here is a brief description of the program:
- Host organization: OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID).
- Course to study: Not specified.
- Scholarship type: Postgraduate.
- Gender: men and women.
- Application Deadline: October 1st, 2020.
Aims of OFID Internship
The OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) 2020 Internship comes with a benefit to be granted to the selected applicants of the program. This internship program has a duration of between two and six months and it is designed to:
- Make provision of the opportunity for students to understand the OPEC Fund’s vision, mission, and related values.
- Provide a framework to support students assigned to any OPEC Fund department so the focus remains on the enrichment of the student’s experience.
- An also provides an immersive experience to enable students to gain practical experience of working for an international organization.
Requirements for OFID Internship Qualification
There are eligible requirements considered to be met by the applicants who want to get into the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) 2020 Internship. Below is the list of the requirements for the applicants of the scholarship program:
- Applicants must be age 19 to 25 years of age.
- He/she should have enrolled in an undergraduate program (having completed at least two years) or a graduate program (must be a recent graduate).
- Having graduated with a maximum of one year before the application deadline.
- Must be interested in the work of the OPEC Fund.
- He/she must be proficient in English.
- Should have knowledge of other additional language e.g. French, Spanish, or Arabic.
- Must be able to demonstrate the OPEC Fund’s core values which are integrity, empowerment, excellence, innovation, and community.
- And must be able to demonstrate cultural awareness.
Before you apply for the scholarship program, here are the required documents for you to prepare. Candidates must submit;
- The application form online.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Short statement in English (about 150-250 words) including their motivation for applying.
- Copy of their university diploma or equivalent, or an original letter of confirmation from a university or institution certifying the applicant is/was an undergraduate student.
- A copy of the most recent university transcripts, indicating the cumulative GPA or equivalent.
Applying candidates must be able to present a valid health or medical insurance policy for Austria or a similar certificate. This should indicate that the applicant is fully covered from a medical perspective for the duration of the program.
How to Apply for OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) 2020 Internship
Now that you have gotten the information about the development program, here are the steps on how you can apply if you seem eligible to it:
- Get a mobile network-connected device.
- Launch the web browser and enter the URL https://careers.opecfund.org/job/Internship-Program/519375702/.
- Click on “Apply now” at the Internship Program left side of the page.
- Scroll down and click on “Create an account”.
- Fill in your;
- Email Address.
- Retype Email Address.
- Choose Password.
- Retype Password.
- First name.
- Last name.
- Country/Region of Residence.
- Click to confirm you are not a robot, then click on “Create Account”.
- You will be redirected to your profile from which you are to:
- Upload a Resume/CV.
- Attach a Cover Letter.
- Attach any Additional Documents.
- Copy of passport.
- Then you will provide the below information:
- Profile Information.
- Outside Work Experience.
- Work Experience within the Company.
- Formal Education.
- Language skills.
- Job-Specific Information.
- Click on “Apply” once you are done.
You will be updated on “Job Alerts” of different job seekers. Then, you can select to apply for one and follow the guidelines to get the relevant job.
OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) 2020 Application Deadline
You are to apply for the OPEC Fund for International Development (OFID) 2020 Internship before the deadline on October 1st, 2020. Applicants should apply now for the scholarship via the official website below.
Official Site: https://opecfund.org/career-opportunities/internships.