OneDrive is a file hosting service owned and operated by Microsoft as part of its online services, it also allows easy storage of files as well as the user’s personal data. The files of this service can be synced to a computer and can be obtained or retrieved from a web browser.
This Cloud storage is available in more than a Hundred and Five languages which include Yoruba, Valencian, German, Spanish, Italian, Catalan, Afrikaans, Igbo, Hausa, English and many other languages based on the user’s preference, it app and software works on Android, iOS, windows and MacOS, you can check the website online through onedrive.live.com or https://onedrive.com/.
The Rebranding from Skydrive to OneDrive
Skydrive was rebranded into OneDrive after a legal dispute with BSKYB, so last summer, Microsoft was ordered to rebrand its name from SkyDrive, Microsoft revealed that on January 24 2014 that the alternative is OneDrive.
NOTE!!!!- Only the name is changing the service will continue to run as normal.
The Brief History of OneDrive
It was launched on the first of August 2007, on the 22nd of May 2008, it was initially available in 38 countries and regions and was later expanded to 62, on the 2nd of December that same year, the capacity of a its User’s account was upgraded from 5GB to 25GB. Users of Office live workspace on June 2010 were migrated to windows live Office; this migration included all existing workspaces, documents and sharing permissions.
On June 20 2011, Microsoft overtook the user interface for SkyDrive, Created using HTML5 Tech; the updated version of OneDrive includes the following features which includes: Hardware acceleration, HTML5 video, cleaner arrangement of photos and also infinite scrolling.
Microsoft also increased the file size limit from 50MB and doubled it to a 100MB per file. File and folders shared with a user, including those in Windows live Groups are also accessible in this new interface.
On November 29 2011, Microsoft eased the stress of it Users by making Sharing and File management uncomplicated. On September 18 2012, this service was introduced to a new feature which was a recycle bin.
The features of OneDrive
- Free storage which is up to 7GB.
- Improve documents on your browser.
- It is compatible with PC, MAC and the web.
- Upload different videos, images, multimedia from mobile devices.
- Save notebooks and documents
- Create surveys, collect responses
- Sync your PC/ device setting to view documents.
- Save files quickly from any windows store app.
- On this platform, you can share files or folders by posting or sending a link to the file or folder to whomever you wish.
- You can download it program on the desktop or a mobile device to work with it platform.
- It syncs data among computers, Phones and tablets which are setup using the same Microsoft account for example when you save a document, the modified file is transferred to your OneDrive storage and from there the new file is sent to all files access to the computer.
OneDrive Sign Up
Follow the procedure below to sign up or create a free account for yourself
- Launch any web browser on your internet connected device
- Enter the url www.onedrive.com on the search bar of the browser you launched
- The page that open is the home page of Microsoft OneDrive, click on Sign up for a free Account
- You need to have a Microsoft Account, if you don’t have a Microsoft account them you need to create one. Once you are able to create a Microsoft account, signing up for a free account will be very much easy. All you will need to have an account on service is your Microsoft Account. This to say that, once you are able to create your Microsoft account, you already have an account on it plaform.
OneDrive Sign in | OneDrive Login
Once you are able to create an account on Microsoft OneDrive, sign in to your account on a regular base will be very much easy. The step below will guide you on how you can sign in or login to your account.
- Visit the web page www.onedrive.com
- On it web page click on Sign in
- Enter your sign in detail, these are your email address and your Password
- Click on sign in to log you in to your account
OneDrive for Business
You need a nice cloud storage plat form for your business? This service is one of the best plat forms you can count on for high level of securities. With OneDrive for Business you are sure of managing your works files and also share them with other fellow any anywhere. You can sign up for this service using it web page. Step below will guide you on how to register for a one drive plan
- Login to it web page www.onedrive .com
- Click on sign up for free.
- On the next page that load click on See Plans and Pricing. Note; you can sign in using your Office 365 account
- Select any plan of your choice.
- Follow and enter all the necessary information need from you in all the steps to get you OneDrive for Business Account Activated.
Feel free to make Microsoft OneDrive your storage platform, a well secure and reliable platform.