The NL Scholarship program is open to international students who wish to pursue their studies with a partially funded scholarship in the Netherlands, if you’re one of these students, Look no further, as we introduce all you need to know about the NL Scholarship 2024/2025 In Netherlands this year.
This NL scholarship opportunity is designed to support international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) who wish to pursue a bachelor’s or master’s degree in the Netherlands.
The NL Scholarship Overview
The NL Scholarship program, previously known as the Holland Scholarship, is designed to provide financial aid to eligible students. This program is funded by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture, and Science, in collaboration with various Dutch research universities and universities of applied sciences.
This award presents a wonderful opportunity for students seeking quality education in a vibrant and diverse European setting (Netherlands).
NL Scholarship Benefits
Successful applicants for the NL Scholarship will receive a scholarship award of up to €5,000, which will be disbursed during the first year of their studies.
However, Candidates should note that this scholarship does not cover full tuition expenses but provides valuable financial support for their educational pursuits in the Netherlands.
Eligibility Criteria for the NL Scholarship
To be eligible for the NL Scholarship for the 2024-2025 academic year, you must meet the requirements stated below:
- You should be a non-European Economic Area (EEA) student to qualify for the NL scholarship in the Netherlands
- You are expected to be applying for a full-time bachelor’s or master’s program at one of the participating Dutch higher education institutions.
- Institution-Specific Requirements: Each institution may have its unique requirements, therefore, you should be sure to check the institution’s website for details.
- Applicants should not hold a degree from an educational institution in the Netherlands.
Participating Research Universities for 2024-2025
The NL Scholarship partners with several Dutch research universities for the academic year 2024-2025. Here are the universities and where you can find more information:
- Leiden University
- Utrecht University
- University of Groningen
- Erasmus University Rotterdam
- Maastricht University
- VU Amsterdam
- Radboud University
- Tilburg University
- Delft University of Technology
- Eindhoven University of Technology
- University of Twente
- Wageningen University
- Theological University Apeldoorn
- Theological University Kampen
For each of the specific closing dates and available fields of study, please visit the official website given below.
Participating Universities of Applied Sciences for 2024-2025
The NL Scholarship also collaborates with various Dutch universities of applied sciences for the 2023-2024 academic year. The Institutions include:
- Aeres University of Applied Sciences
- Amsterdam University of the Arts
- ArtEZ Institute of the Arts
- Breda University of Applied Sciences
- Codarts Rotterdam
- Design Academy Eindhoven
- Driestar education
- Fontys University of Applied Sciences
- Gerrit Rietveld Academie
- The Hague University of Applied Sciences
- Hanze University of Applied Sciences
- Hotelschool The Hague
- Royal Academy of Art, The Hague
- Rotterdam University of Applied Sciences
- HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht
- Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences
- HAN University of Applied Sciences
- HKU University of Applied Sciences
- HZ University of Applied Sciences
- NHL Stenden University of Applied Sciences
- Saxion University of Applied Sciences
- Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences
- Zuyd University of Applied Sciences
Application Procedures for the NL Scholarship 2024-25
All Interested and qualified candidates for the NL Scholarship 2024 in the Netherlands, should visit the official website at https://www.studyinnl.org/finances/nl-scholarship#deadlines
Application deadlines may vary based on the participating institution. Applicants are encouraged to apply well in advance to secure a chance at this fantastic scholarship opportunity in the Netherlands.
What is the NL Scholarship’s value?
The NL Scholarship is worth €5,000 and is disbursed in the first year of your studies.
Is the NL Scholarship a full-tuition scholarship?
No, it is not a full-tuition scholarship. It provides financial support but does not cover all tuition expenses.
Who is eligible for the NL Scholarship?
Non-EEA students applying for full-time bachelor’s or master’s programs at participating Dutch institutions are eligible.
Are there alternative scholarships available for studying in the Netherlands without IELTS?
Yes, other scholarships do not require IELTS.
CHECK THESE OUT: