How to Make Your Facebook Account Private
Do you want to make your Facebook account private? Facebook, a social networking platform with over a billion active users is one of the best tools for keeping in touch with family, old friends and anybody else you wish to connect to all over the world. This freedom recently has become in excess which puts your privacy in the line. It has been a consistent question that people has been asking on how they can make their Facebook account private.
Not everyone is on Facebook for the purpose of meeting and communicating with new people. Some are on this social network just to be involved in groups, marketing or to keep tabs with what their friends or families are up to. The good news is that Facebook has also been of help as they include privacy and security settings to their platform.
By accessing these settings, you can prevent people from seeing things you post and you can also completely hide your profile from strangers. Protecting your privacy can be somewhat challenging but if you follow the steps which will be stated below, you can assure your Facebook is private.
Steps on How to Make Your Facebook Account Private
There are a few things you can do to keep your Facebook information which is private, not open to the public. You can
- Make your profile private
- Change the sharing default on Facebook.
Make your profile private or make your Facebook account private
Your Facebook profile is public by default. This means your profile is viewable to anyone. Experts advise that you review the profile settings for every item in your profile
- Log into your Facebook account
- Click your name at the top of your Facebook timeline
- Click on edit profile button which appears at the bottom corner of your cover photo
- Besides the information you wish to be private, unclick the boxes
- Review the sections beneath your personal information and edit the privacy sections of each one by clicking on the pencil icon in that section.
Change the sharing default on Facebook
The first steps is to make sure your sharing option which is default is changed to friends and not public. When you change it, only your friends get to see your posts. The following is the steps on how you can change the sharing default
- Click on the three dots which is located at the top right corner of your timeline if you’re an Android user or click the arrow which is located at the top right corner of your timeline if you’re a desktop user
- Click on the settings option
- Select privacy in the left panel
- On the page that comes up next, click on the edit option and select friends from the drop-down menu.
- Then click on close to save changes.