The International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) is excited to announce its Young Scientists Summer Program for 2024, designed specifically for Ph.D. students.
This Young Scientists Summer program provides a unique opportunity for aspiring scientists to engage in cutting-edge research that contributes to solving some of the world’s most pressing issues.
Are you interested in participating in this program? Read on to explore the details of the IIASA Young Scientists Summer Program 2024, including the program’s eligibility criteria, and application procedures.
The International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA) is an international research institute at the forefront of systems analysis.
The institute has a mission to apply advanced research methods to identify policy solutions that can reduce human footprints, enhance the resilience of natural and socioeconomic systems, and contribute to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
Through its extensive research programs and initiatives, IIASA tackles issues that transcend borders and disciplines. These include critical challenges like climate change, energy security, population aging, and sustainable development.
Requirements for IIASA Young Scientists Summer Program 2024
To qualify for the IIASA Young Scientists Summer Program 2024, applicants must meet specific conditions:
- The IIASA Young Scientists Summer Program welcomes applicants from all countries. However, the institute gives priority to citizens or residents of National Member Organizations (NMO) countries.
- This program is designed for Ph.D. students, ideally about two years away from completing their Ph.D.
- These students should be working on topics that align with the ongoing research at IIASA and should be eager to explore the policy implications of their work.
IIASA Young Scientists Summer Program – What to Expect
- Participants in the IIASA Young Scientists Summer program will have the invaluable opportunity to work directly with experienced IIASA scientists.
- This unique interdisciplinary and international research environment offers mentorship, guidance, and the chance to collaborate with global experts.
- As part of the program, students will produce a research paper, serving as the first step toward a publishable journal article. This tangible output allows participants to contribute to the scientific community and build networks for future collaborations within IIASA’s global network.
- Applicants have the flexibility to choose to work with up to two different programs at IIASA. It is advisable to explore the detailed program descriptions before making a selection.
If you are a Ph.D. student and meet the above-stated eligibility criteria, the first step is to assess whether your research topic aligns with IIASA’s ongoing research;
- Ideally, your work should explore the policy implications of your field.
- The final application must be submitted via the online application system at https://iiasa.secure-platform.com/a before the application deadline.
- All Applicants are encouraged to contact IIASA program representatives as soon as possible.
- For more detailed information, please visit the Official Website at: https://iiasa.ac.at/opportunities/yssp
January 12, 2024.
More Related Content
- IIASA Young Scientists Summer Program for International PhD Students
- Data Science Jobs with Visa Sponsorship in USA – APPLY NOW
- Research Scientist Jobs with Visa Sponsorship In USA | APPLY NOW
- Agricultural And Food Scientists – Best Agricultural and Food Scientists Jobs
- 10 Reasons to Learn Data Science – Where Can You Work as a Data Scientist?