How to temporarily disable your Instagram Account
Are you tired of using your Instagram account but you don’t want to close the account or maybe you just need a break from Instagram and you still don’t want to close the account. Perhaps you don’t want someone to find your account or you are avoiding someone on Instagram. Still whatever your case is Makeoverarena is here with yet another amazing article on how to temporarily disable your Instagram account. Your Instagram account will not be closed. It will just be as if it never existed until you log back into your account and you can only disable your account once a week.
When you disable your account, all your pictures, comments and likes will be hidden. Until you enable the account back which is by logging back into your account. If you really want to know how to temporarily disable your Instagram account. You must, first of all, get the items listed below
Items to get
- A device that can surf the internet without issues
- An active data connection
- And lastly an active data subscription
After getting the items, you are finally ready for the steps on How to temporarily disable your Instagram Account
Step 1 on How to temporarily disable your Instagram Account
- Charge the device and boot it. After booting wait a few minutes and refresh.
- After refreshing locate the device browser and open it. Once you open the browser type in the URL www.instagram .com and search.
- After the site has opened you would be required to log in the account you want to disable. Simply type in your details on the boxes required for you and click log in.
Step 2 on How to temporarily disable your Instagram Account
- On your Instagram homepage if you are using your pc simply locate your profile button by the right side of your screen usually with your profile picture and name on it but if you are using a mobile device simply click on the friend button not the friend button with a plus
- Simply click on the button after locating it and you should be taken directly to your profile page.
- On your profile page locate and click the edit profile button. When the page has loaded locate and click the temporarily disable account link at the extreme bottom of the screen
- After clicking on the link you would be taken to another page where you will be asked to fill some information like why you are temporarily disabling your Instagram account and your password
- After filling in the right details click on the temporarily disable account and you are done
NOTE: you can always undo this process by logging back into your account.