If you have a pending immigration case, you must be anxious to know the status of your case. Immigration issues are a serious matter – it’s not just a matter of paperwork; it’s about your future, your dreams, and your aspirations. Moreover, by reading this post you will get proper enlightenment on the topic of How Can I Check the Status of My Immigration Case.
Waiting for news on the status of your immigration case can be a nerve-wracking experience, filled with anticipation, you don’t know if it will turn in your favor or if you are about to be hit by the merciless side of the law.
It is not a position anyone would love to be in and that’s why we have created this detailed guide on how you can check the status of your immigration case and monitor its progress. If you currently have an ongoing immigration issue, follow the steps below to stay updated with the status of your case.
You Need Your Details
Before you begin checking the status of your immigration case, make sure you have the following details with you:
- Case receipt number: This unique number is assigned to your immigration case. You can find it in any correspondence you have received from the immigration authorities.
- Your full name: You need your complete legal name as mentioned in your immigration documents.
- Date of birth: You need your date of birth; it is a crucial piece of information for verification purposes.
Once you have your details, you can proceed to the website to check the status of your case.
Visit the Official USCIS Website
If you are in the USA., the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is the official government website for immigration-related information.
To check your case status, go to the USCIS website (uscis.gov) and locate the “Check My Case Status” option. You will see it prominently displayed on the homepage for easy access.
Enter Your Case Receipt number
Once you’re on the designated page, you will be prompted to enter your case receipt number, the 13-character receipt number from your application or petition. Carefully type in the number without any spaces or dashes.
Double-check it to make sure you are correct as even a small mistake can lead to incorrect results.
Click ‘check status’
After entering your case receipt number, click on the “Check Status” button. The website will then process your information and provide you with the current status of your immigration case.
Understanding Your Case Status
When you check your status, you might encounter various terms that indicate the progress of your application.
Here are some common statuses and their meanings:
- Case received: It means that your application has been received and is in the queue for processing.
- Case approved: Congratulations! Your immigration case has been approved, and you can expect further instructions regarding the next steps.
- Request for evidence (RFE) issued: It means that USCIS requires additional documentation or information to continue processing your case. If you get this, make sure you respond promptly to avoid delays.
- Interview scheduled: This means that you will be notified about the date, time, and location of your immigration interview. If you are coming, be prepared and bring all the necessary documents.
- Decision notice mailed: This means that USCIS has made a decision on your case, and you will receive a formal notification by mail. This could be an approval, denial, or another form of decision.
Contact USCIS Customer Service (if necessary)
If you face any difficulties understanding your case status online or if you believe there’s an error, don’t hesitate to contact USCIS customer service. They will give you further assistance and clarification regarding your case.
If you are calling from the U.S., you can contact the USCIS National Customer Service Center at TTY 1-800-767-1833 or 1-800-375-5283. You can also send them an email if you don’t want to call their phone number.
Unlike before, when there wasn’t any online tool for checking the status of your immigration case, it is now easier, you can check the status of your immigration case online with your smartphone or laptop.
If you encounter any issues during the process, you can reach out to the immigration authorities through their hotlines or send an email to their email address. They will respond to you as soon as possible.
CHECK THESE OUT:
- USCIS Jobs – United States Citizenship and Immigration Services Jobs Requirements
- Live In Care Assistant Jobs in USA for Foreigners with Visa Sponsorship – Apply Now
- Facebook Timeline Review – How do I get to my timeline review on Facebook?
- Work Visa USA Requirements – Apply for US Work Visa
- Amazon Announces Faster and Smarter Streaming Sticks As Well As A New Fire TV Soundbar