Google Webmaster Tools
The Google Webmaster tools is a free of charge service owned and developed by Google which is mainly used by webmasters. People who have the responsibility of controlling one or more websites. This service also allows these webmasters to review the status and online visibility of their websites and pages.
This tool is a free tool from Google; it is used to determine your websites performance and many other details of search engines any webmaster can make use of this tool all for free. It reveals all information regarding your site such as; the pages contained in it, your site statistics, the keywords typed and checked in the site, your links, most visited posts and contents, and you will also receive alerts for errors found in your website like broken links and so on.
You have to understand that making use of this tool does not really make your website get ranked, but it helps to examine and make corrections on the site to get ranked in providing useful information. It is the best search engine optimization tool every one of us should have, as the search engine optimization is very necessary and fundamental for your site.
One issue to also be considered is your privacy. When using the Google webmaster tool, you should know that you are granting Google full access to your site statistics, you might begin to wonder about how they will manage this data. But I want to assure you that Google is a company of good reputation and they will never stand the chance to abuse the data you are granting them access to.
Benefits of the Google Webmaster Tools
There are three main benefits in using this tool, and after going through this, you will definitely see great changes in your traffic and in your site. But it should not just end here; you should also include this tool into your website for absolute growth and progress.
- Registering your site with Google Webmaster Tools. Registering your website is one big benefit because it allows you to get alerts and notifications of any external link you coming into your website. And this will also reveal to you, every detailed information on your data, your website traffic and the growth of your site. So make sure you register for necessary information and updates on your site.
- Create and submit the pages of your site using this tool. This is a medium to let Google know of the pages on your site they did not know about. These pages are also called your sitemaps. The sitemap is used to know about your site and to increase the cover on your site. Giving your sitemap to Google is a way of asking Google to make your website appear on Google regular page and other search engines.
- Eliminating every error in a website. Once you have included this tool in your website. You can check the health status of the site and detect the errors appearing in it. It is necessary to check the health status of your site consequently in order to fix all errors so that your site runs effectively for people visiting your site. When sites have errors, they may not be visited again.
How to Add Your Website to the Google Webmaster Tools
You must have a Google account before you can connect your site to this tool.
- Open your web browser and go to https://search.google.com/search-console/welcome. Click on “Login” or “Start Now” if required.
- On the next page displayed to you, click on “Add a Property”. You will find this under the search drop-down menu.
- Type in your website URL in the box and click on “continue”. Make sure you enter a complete and valid URL address.
- You will find an arrow close to “HTML tag”, click on it to enlarge the option.
- Copy the “meta tag”. Highlight the Meta tag code, right click on the content you highlighted and click on “Copy”.
- You will be prompted to sign in to your WordPress website.
- Click on the “SEO” button.
- Click on “General”.
- And also, click on “Webmaster tools”.
- Paste the code you find under “Google verification code”.
- Click on “save changes”.
- Go back to the “Google search console” tab and click on “verify”.
And finally, you are there! You have connected your site to Google webmaster tool. You can now submit your sitemap to Google.