Google takeout (or take away) is a service brought by Google to allow users of Google products like Gmail, YouTube, and others to convert their data to a downloadable archive file.
An archive file is a file that is made up of one or more file system that controls the way data is stored and retrieved.
Using this Google takeout service, you can download your data from the various Google products you make use of. You can do these in a few easy ways;
First, you have to select the Google products to include.
- Go to the download your data page. You have to sign in to your Google account before doing this.
- Select the Google products to include and make use of in your download. To see more options for a product, tap the down arrow.
- Select “next”
- Select the archive’s ‘file type’
Secondly, choose how you want the archive you selected is delivered to you.
After your archive has been created by using these options, a link and its location will be sent to you. This depends on the amount and level of information in your account. This process of getting the link to your archive could take a few minutes or hours.
How to Backup Data Using Google Takeout
The Google takeout has created a free service that allows users to easily download and backup data and other pieces of information.
- Sign in Google Takeout. Visit http://www.google.com/takeout. You have to log in using your Google account, your email address, and password.
- Select the data you would want to download.
- You can be able to select the service you want to download from
- Tap the ‘create archive’ option.
- Tap ‘download’ and save file.
- Check your data.
- Repeat from time to time.
Uses of Google Takeout
Google Takeout is a free service provided by Google that allows you to download your data as easy as choosing and selecting files and signing in. if you are creating several important files, editing videos, and photos on your computer/laptop or several other things. Google Takeout is the simplest and easiest way to move your files from Google digital system to your own system.
A few other things you can do using Google takeout include:
- Transferring a collection of videos and photos to your laptop for editing
- It is used to clear and create space on your google drive
- Downloading books and other files from your Google play music
Devices that support the Google takeout
Takeout works on Linux, windows, mac, IOS, and Android devices.
Things You Need To Know About Google Takeout
- In the process of downloading your archives. You should be conscious and always check the “available until” date because you have just 7 days to take hold of your archives before Google deletes them.
- You can also see a list of all your created archives on takeout by selecting “view history”.
- Google takeout does not download Google play music. You will have to make use of “Google play music manager”.