Google is an amazing app for mail service, lots of people use Gmail because of its compatibility with an Android phone. But what’s more is that Google can also store your file for you to access them from any device and also the web. When you save your contacts to google only you can see these contacts during searches. ‘Google contacts’ is very easy to use and all you need is a smartphone to get started.
I saved few of my important contacts to google just in case I needed them or if someone should steal my phone and sim card, I would still be able to access them and it has helped me a lot. Just some few weeks after, my phone crashed and my sim card also got missing. If I hadn’t saved my contacts on google I would be thinking of how to retrieve all my contacts. But because I have all my contacts saved to google all I have to do to get my contacts is to sign in to any device with my google account, isn’t that amazing. And this feature also saved me the stress of writing all my contacts in a book or jotter.
With google contacts, you never have to lose a contact again, plus google contact have the option for you to add photos to your contacts, just so that when you see the contact you can see the picture you attached to the contact. Now before you can access this you must first acquire a google account. Your google contacts can also be reached on the web.
How to Save Contacts to Your Google Account
- On your device go to settings
- From the settings menu select add an account
- Choose google
- Now fill in your Google login details and finally hit add account
- A new menu will appear, check the box sync contacts and click on finish.
Your google contacts account is ready for use, saving a contact to Google is easy because it is just like saving any other regular contact to your device, to save a contact to google for back up follow the next easy procedure below;
- On your smartphone locate the dial pad and click on it.
- Input the phone number you want to save, and click on the “add to contacts” button.
- After clicking it you would see three options.
- Save to Google,
- Also, save to a phone, and
- Save to sim card.
- Select Google, and fill in as much information as you want to save about the contact
- After that just click on “Done” at the top left of the page.
If you followed the steps correctly you would find out that it is simply easy.