Google Chrome is developed by Google as a cross-platform web browser. This application or web browser was first released to Microsoft Windows in the year 2008. It was later released for Linux, macOS, iOS, and Android. You may be interested to know that the browser is also the main component of Chrome OS. Here, it serves as the web platform for web apps. According to Wikipedia, most of chrome’s source code comes from Google’s free and open-source software project called Chromium. However, Chrome is licensed as proprietary freeware.
Due to the success of this web browser, the brand name “Chrome” was later expanded to other products. Some of these other products include Chromecast, Chrome OS, Chromebook, and so on.
Google Chrome is a simple, secure, and fast web browser designed to meet your every need. There are a lot of features you tend to enjoy making use of this amazing web browser. Note that Chrome has everything you need to make sure you get the most out of the web. There are quick answers in your address bar, one-click translation, personalized articles, and so on.
Download Chrome Today
You can download Google Chrome today on any of your devices be it mobile or desktop. Below you will learn how to download Chrome for various devices.
Download Chrome on Computers
To download Google Chrome on your computer, follow the steps below.
- Open any web browser on your computer after connecting your computer to the internet.
- On the search bar of the web browser, seek the web address https://www.google.com/chrome/.
- Locate on the webpage the “Download Chrome” button and tap on it.
- Select the download folder for the download and hit the “Save” button.
- Run or open the file once the download is completed and the installation process would begin almost immediately.
Listed above are the steps to download and install Google Chrome on your computer.
Download Google Chrome on Android
If you want to download Google Chrome on your Android device, follow the steps below.
- Connect your Android device to the internet and open the app store.
- Search for “Google Chrome” and tap on it.
- Tap on the “Install” button and follow the onscreen instructions given to you.
Correctly following the steps above, you can easily download and install the Google Chrome application on your android device.
Download Google Chrome on iOS
If you wish to download and install Google Chrome on your iOS device, simply follow the steps below.
- Turn on your iOS device and open the app store.
- Search for “Google Chrome” and tap on the app.
- Tap on the “Get” or “Install” button depending on the option available to you.
- If your touch ID or other things are required, simply provide them till the app is successfully downloaded and installed on your device.
With the steps above, you should be able to successfully download and install the Google Chrome app on your iOS device.
How to Make Google Chrome your Default Browser
If you want to make Google chrome your device’s default browser, it is really simple.
- Open Google Chrome on your device and click on the “More” icon. It is a three-dot icon located at the upper right corner of your windows.
- Select the “Settings” option and look for the default browser option.
- Tap on the “Make Default” button and Google Chrome is your device’s default browser.
If you do not see the “Make Default” button, it means Google Chrome is already your device’s default browser. Be aware that these steps might only work on computers.
Google Chrome Safe Mode
You should know, that Google Chrome safe mode is the same as incognito. You can easily switch between this mode and your regular web browser. To do this, follow the steps below.
- Tap on the three-dot icon which is the more icon at the upper right side of the screen.
- Select the option “New Incognito Window” and that is it.
You just created an incognito tab on your browser. A quick shortcut to do this on your computer is by holding the Ctrl + Shift + N keys. There are several other features you can enjoy making use of this browser. One of these features is to install extensions.
CHECK THESE OUT:
- Google Chrome Download for all Devices
- Chrome Mobile View – How to view Mobile Version of a Website on Chrome
- Google Chrome to Allow Users Share Passwords with Family Members More Securely
- Google Chrome Browser – How to Download and Install the Browser
- Google Web Store Free – Google Chrome Web Store