Google Analytics is a collection of web data provided free of charge by Google, but a fee is charged for additional features, goods, and online services. This service is a tool offered by Google that helps you keep track of the traffic in your website, and gives you knowledge on how to get users to find and make use of your site. This tool is necessary for marketing and search engine optimization purposes.
In this internet era, your website is the central part of your digital presence, and your site is definitely the best medium to show the effectiveness of all the programs you run in order to improve the standards of your goods and services online. This tool is a free tool that is capable of keeping track of every of your online effectiveness. This is the reason over 60 million websites all over the globe make use of it. So if you are not using it, you should get on it right now.
How Google Analytics Works
Without much ado, this tool simply serves the purpose of keeping track of your website by placing a tracking code on your website. This code records every activity going on within your site, including the records of activities by your visitors when they visit your site, and every detailed information about them. This tool combines all the data collected from your site in just four processes. They are:
- The user level. This includes the actions and activities of every user that visits your website.
- The session level. This shows when a user visits the site.
- The preview level. This includes every page visited by the persons that come into the site.
- The event level. This includes the items viewed on the site.
Reasons to Make Use of Google Analytics
- You can keep track of what users do when they visit your website. Getting people to visit your website is the first problem you face, but making sure they have come to stay and come back again is also important. This tool keeps track of that information.
- You can see the way users get to find your site. There are over 2 billion websites in our world today. And each of them is working hard for attention on their website. And for your website to work effectively and efficiently, people have to find the site. This tool has the ability to give you every information on how users find your website.
- You can get the most important pages on your site. Certainly, there are pages that attract traffic than others. And you will also have pages that users on the site get more conversions than others. So if you have any page that is leading, Google analytics will certainly help you identify it.
- You gain data on every user that visits the site.
Get Started On Google Analytics
Before you can make use of this tool, you need to have an account first.
- Set up or log in to your analytics account. Open your web browser and visit google.com/analytics/. To create an account, click on “Start for free” and to log in, click on “Sign in to analytics”.
- Set up a property in your account. This represents your website.
- Set up a view of your property.
- Follow the instructions shown to you in order to add the tracking code.
- Configure the account settings.
- Download or install the analytics app from Google play store.